In message <firstname.lastname@example.org>, VanguardLH <***@nguard.LH>
Post by VanguardLH Post by Filbert
Latest TBird. 52.8.0 esr About says latest.
On Win XP Pro all updates
Profile on C: and 70G Free.
Several GMail accounts. Some work OK.
Two accounts now will not accept password to send email.
Same as previous posted problem.
Other GMail accounts on this PC will send and receive.
Sent test emails.
Works OK on another PC.
Deleted both problem accounts.
Set up again TBird as imap.
Got Google asking if OK and went through process of setting up via
All emails downloaded to the most recent showing in TBird.
Look at GMail setting for imap and all seem to allow.
Tried to send email and will not send from same two accounts.
Sent to this account from a different GMAil account on same PC and it
arrived at account that will not send.
Went to GMail and looked at required settings for TBird.
I cannot find the send setting in TBird setup or most of what GMails
says to set.
WHere do I find other than Settings / Server Settings ?
Server in TBirrd is 993 but GMail says 995 so changed to 995 but emails
still not send.
Have you tried using the webmail client for Gmail to see if you can send
Yes - check that the webmail version works - and if it does, note the
I've just had a similar problem with an MS Live email account
(previously Hotmail, and now Outlook) that wouldn't work in Thunderbird.
A couple years ago. I added my Live email account to Thunderbird. No
problems. Both webmail and TB worked fine.
However, a few weeks ago I added a second Live account to TB, using
exactly the same settings as the first. The perfectly correct login
password was rejected - but (surprisingly) I found I could send but not
After a lot of messing about, in desperation I totally deleted the
account from TB - and then re-added it. This time, all the setting
fields were set automatically (no need to copy anything from the first
account) - and now it worked!
I then noticed that the incoming server settings of the two accounts
were different. The first was POP, and the second (which had, of course
been copied from the first, so was previously POP) was now IMAP. On
comparing with the settings of two the webmail accounts, I found that
like in TB, the first was POP, and the second was IMAP.
I therefore guess that you need to make sure that the TB account IS
exactly the same as the webmail account.