OT: Resource Hacker
Ed Cryer
2018-05-22 17:40:42 UTC
https://goo.gl/gn8Lnp

I've just come across this, looking for tips on the hidden debug menu
item in Windows games.
It claims, rather grandiosely, to have extensive uses for advanced
Windows tweakers, namely us.
Has anybody used it for good effect?

Ed
Auric__
2018-05-22 18:11:55 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
https://goo.gl/gn8Lnp
I've just come across this, looking for tips on the hidden debug menu
item in Windows games.
It claims, rather grandiosely, to have extensive uses for advanced
Windows tweakers, namely us.
Has anybody used it for good effect?
Sure, it's good for changing resources -- icons and the like. I've used it to
make alterations, both to programs I've written (where the tools I used
weren't good enough for whatever reason) and others. The most notable thing I
did with it was to customize the Windows XP user selection screen.
Just because you're sworn enemies doesn't mean you can't be friends, does it?
Paul in Houston TX
2018-05-22 19:38:10 UTC
Post by Ed Cryer
https://goo.gl/gn8Lnp
I've just come across this, looking for tips on the hidden debug menu item in Windows games.
It claims, rather grandiosely, to have extensive uses for advanced Windows tweakers,
namely us.
Has anybody used it for good effect?
Ed
I've used it for years on many of my programs. It is used mainly to change icons
and wording and minor control and link changes, too.
I've changed my SeaMonkey26 all around to what I want it to do and be.
It's much easier then using a hex editor and trying to keep the bit count correct.
As to necessity and extensive uses... probably not.

Try it. It auto makes a backup of what you are working on but I always make
my own backups just in case.