How to show Recent Programs on the Start Menu?
c***@TZYmail.com
2018-03-19 03:45:01 UTC
I'm running Win7 and Until recently, I had two sets of programs listed on the
Start Menu - Favorites and Recently Started ones. But recently, I had a problem
with Win7 and had to reset it. Now I have the Favorites list on the Start Menu,
but the Recent programs list is not there anymore (the Favorites list was on top
with a line below it, the Recent programs were listed below that line).

So, how do I restore it to the previous setting? Thanks for any insights and
help - looking forward to hearing from you all.

Thanks again.

Charlie
Charliech
Good Guy
2018-03-19 03:56:10 UTC
Post by c***@TZYmail.com
So, how do I restore it to the previous setting? Thanks for any insights and
help - looking forward to hearing from you all.
All lazy bastards are always looking forward to hearing from us here.
Is your Google Search Engine broken? Perhaps you should fix it first.

For the time being I suggest go to this link as it has the answer you need.

<https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2275-recent-programs-turn-off.html>

By the way this was obtained by using google so you know it has all the
answers for lazy fucktards like you.
Post by c***@TZYmail.com
Windows Defender software.
//https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/comprehensive-security/
Gary Dingle
penis enlarger is surely still working!
Dominique
2018-03-21 00:21:55 UTC
Instead of insulting people, maybe you should begin by stopping putting
useless garbage in your posts or learn to post correctly. But I guess a
"Guy so Good" is so much better than "the idiots" that ask politely
something.
Post by Good Guy
Fichier d‚cod‚: untitled-2.txt
--------------010500030806070005090506
<head>
</head>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">
So, how do I restore it to the previous setting? Thanks for any insights and
help - looking forward to hearing from you all.
</pre>
All lazy bastards are always looking forward to hearing from us
here.¶ÿ Is your Google Search Engine broken?¶ÿ Perhaps you should
fix
Post by Good Guy
it first.<br>
For the time being I suggest go to this link as it has the answer
you need.<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2275-recent-programs-turn-
off.html">&lt;https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2275-recent-programs-
Post by Good Guy
By the way this was obtained by using google so you know it has all
the answers for lazy fucktards like you.<br>
type="cite">
Post by Good Guy
<pre wrap=""><font
Post by Good Guy
</i><i><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/comprehensive-security/">
Post by Good Guy
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">
</pre>
color: yellow;font-weight: bolder; font-size:200%; text-
center; margin: 30px 5px 30px 5px;">With over 600 million
devices now running Windows 10, customer satisfaction is
higher than any previous version of windows.</div>
Fichier d‚cod‚: untitled-3.htm
--------------010500030806070005090506--
David E. Ross
2018-03-19 04:05:38 UTC
Post by c***@TZYmail.com
I'm running Win7 and Until recently, I had two sets of programs listed on the
Start Menu - Favorites and Recently Started ones. But recently, I had a problem
with Win7 and had to reset it. Now I have the Favorites list on the Start Menu,
but the Recent programs list is not there anymore (the Favorites list was on top
with a line below it, the Recent programs were listed below that line).
So, how do I restore it to the previous setting? Thanks for any insights and
help - looking forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks again.
Charlie
Charliech
Did you not do backups on some regular schedule?
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump: Please stop using Twitter. We need
to hear your voice and see you talking. We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.
VanguardLH
2018-03-19 08:35:14 UTC
Post by c***@TZYmail.com
I'm running Win7 and Until recently, I had two sets of programs listed on the
Start Menu - Favorites and Recently Started ones. But recently, I had a problem
with Win7 and had to reset it. Now I have the Favorites list on the Start Menu,
but the Recent programs list is not there anymore (the Favorites list was on top
with a line below it, the Recent programs were listed below that line).
That's not how the Start menu looks in Windows 7. You are remembering
what you had in Windows XP, or you used a shell app, like ClassicShell,
to modify the Start menu. The Start Menu in Windows 7 can optionally
display a button in the right side that shows a list of recents.

In Windows 7, right-click on an empty spot of the taskbar, select
Properties, Start Menu tab, Customize, and decide if you want the Recent
Items *button* added.

JJ
2018-03-19 11:41:57 UTC
Post by c***@TZYmail.com
I'm running Win7 and Until recently, I had two sets of programs listed on the
Start Menu - Favorites and Recently Started ones. But recently, I had a problem
with Win7 and had to reset it. Now I have the Favorites list on the Start Menu,
but the Recent programs list is not there anymore (the Favorites list was on top
with a line below it, the Recent programs were listed below that line).
So, how do I restore it to the previous setting? Thanks for any insights and
help - looking forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks again.
Charlie
Charliech
The settings is the "Store and display recently opened programs in the Start
menu" checkbox on the "Start Menu" tab of the "Taskbar and Start Menu
Properties" dialog. Right-click the Start Menu button and choose
"Properties" to open that dialog. Check/tick that checkbox then press OK.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-03-19 12:29:18 UTC
In message <***@40tude.net>, JJ
<***@vfemail.net> writes:
[]
Post by JJ
The settings is the "Store and display recently opened programs in the Start
menu" checkbox on the "Start Menu" tab of the "Taskbar and Start Menu
Properties" dialog. Right-click the Start Menu button and choose
"Properties" to open that dialog. Check/tick that checkbox then press OK.
_Not_ getting at JJ here, just making an observation: I very often see
instructions that look like the first two lines there - which have to be
unwrapped backwards! As I say, not getting at JJ, since he does then go
on to give the instructions in a forward manner, but I've often seen
such instructions given _only_ in the backwards order.

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. -Niels Bohr, physicist
(1885-1962)
JJ
2018-03-19 21:03:26 UTC
Post by JJ
The settings is the "Store and display recently opened programs in the Start
menu" checkbox on the "Start Menu" tab of the "Taskbar and Start Menu
Properties" dialog. Right-click the Start Menu button and choose
"Properties" to open that dialog. Check/tick that checkbox then press OK.
_Not_ getting at JJ here, just making an observation: I very often see
instructions that look like the first two lines there - which have to be
unwrapped backwards! As I say, not getting at JJ, since he does then go
on to give the instructions in a forward manner, but I've often seen
such instructions given _only_ in the backwards order.
It's OK. English isn't my native language, so I always expect some
corrections.

I was trying to give a brief idea on where the setting is, before giving the
instructions on how to actually get to that setting.

I didn't use something like:

abc > def > ghi

Which IMO, may be cryptic for some people.

Was my explanation confusing?
Maybe I should have wrote it in a step by step manner. -_-
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-03-19 23:57:21 UTC
Post by JJ
Post by JJ
The settings is the "Store and display recently opened programs in the Start
menu" checkbox on the "Start Menu" tab of the "Taskbar and Start Menu
Properties" dialog. Right-click the Start Menu button and choose
"Properties" to open that dialog. Check/tick that checkbox then press OK.
_Not_ getting at JJ here, just making an observation: I very often see
instructions that look like the first two lines there - which have to be
unwrapped backwards! As I say, not getting at JJ, since he does then go
on to give the instructions in a forward manner, but I've often seen
such instructions given _only_ in the backwards order.
It's OK. English isn't my native language, so I always expect some
corrections.
I would never have guessed! You speak excellent English.
Post by JJ
I was trying to give a brief idea on where the setting is, before giving the
instructions on how to actually get to that setting.
abc > def > ghi
Which IMO, may be cryptic for some people.
Was my explanation confusing?
Maybe I should have wrote it in a step by step manner. -_-
Only a little - you _did_ give instructions on how to get to the
setting. I was mainly commenting on people who give _only_ the reversed
instructions ("the setting you want is in the x tab of they y window
when you run z"). I should not have picked your post as an example!

The first banjo solo I played was actually just a series of mistakes. In fact
it was all the mistakes I knew at the time. - Tim Dowling, RT2015/6/20-26
c***@TZYmail.com
2018-03-20 19:31:49 UTC
Post by JJ
Post by c***@TZYmail.com
[...]
They are both "checked", but nothing happens - no recent are showing up?
Charliech
JJ
2018-03-21 00:09:09 UTC
Post by c***@TZYmail.com
They are both "checked", but nothing happens - no recent are showing up?
Try resetting the recent list. i.e. uncheck, apply, check, then apply.

Note: this will clear the recent lists, but it's required when they start to
work inconsistently or unpredictable. It's also required if you accidentally
removed a program from the recent list, but want it back. Because IME (at
least on my Win7 SP1 x64), once a program is removed from the recent list,
it'll never be put back into the list - no matter how many times the program
is run again.