VOID TOOLS Everything
freenews
2018-07-07 18:15:51 UTC
How do I get message to Void Tools ?

1) NEED SEARCHABLE HELP AND not ON-LINE HELP ! PLEASE
2) NEED A WAY TO STOP SCANNING AND USE AS IS ! PLEASE
VanguardLH
2018-07-07 19:06:41 UTC
Post by freenews
How do I get message to Void Tools ?
1) NEED SEARCHABLE HELP AND not ON-LINE HELP ! PLEASE
2) NEED A WAY TO STOP SCANNING AND USE AS IS ! PLEASE
Is there a reason why you are yelling at those from whom you request
help? All caps is yelling and considered rude.

The "Help -> Everything Help" menu is a hyperlink to their web site.
That is how it is coded. If you want local-only help, print their web
pages to a PDF file saved locally. Have fun repeatedly saving pages.
Or go to the help web page (oh my God, nooooo) that menu entry takes you
and click on the link to download offline help. You get a zipped up
.chm file. Decompress and save it wherever you want. Double-click it
in Windows Explorer or create a shortcut to it to open the CHM file.
You'll have to open it separately of the program as the program's Help
menu entry won't open the .chm file for you.

To stop a query, the Esc key doesn't work for you? If you find that you
often want to cease a search while typing in the search criteria,
disable the option "Search as you type".
JJ
2018-07-08 02:56:11 UTC
Post by freenews
How do I get message to Void Tools ?
1) NEED SEARCHABLE HELP AND not ON-LINE HELP ! PLEASE
2) NEED A WAY TO STOP SCANNING AND USE AS IS ! PLEASE
For me, if a software is complex enough that it'll require a relatively
large help file for a reference, and the help file isn't made available
offline, that software isn't worth it. Because a software should give me
some help, not give me a headache. Such software is simply not worth my
time.
Char Jackson
2018-07-08 03:30:28 UTC
Post by JJ
Post by freenews
How do I get message to Void Tools ?
1) NEED SEARCHABLE HELP AND not ON-LINE HELP ! PLEASE
2) NEED A WAY TO STOP SCANNING AND USE AS IS ! PLEASE
For me, if a software is complex enough that it'll require a relatively
large help file for a reference, and the help file isn't made available
offline, that software isn't worth it. Because a software should give me
some help, not give me a headache. Such software is simply not worth my
time.
Fortunately, Voidtools' Everything doesn't require any help files for
its basic task of instantly finding files. It can do a heck of a lot
more than that, so that's where the help file comes in.

Besides, its help file *is* available offline, if you need it.
2018-07-08 10:25:02 UTC
Post by JJ
Post by freenews
How do I get message to Void Tools ?
1) NEED SEARCHABLE HELP AND not ON-LINE HELP ! PLEASE
2) NEED A WAY TO STOP SCANNING AND USE AS IS ! PLEASE
For me, if a software is complex enough that it'll require a relatively
large help file for a reference, and the help file isn't made available
offline, that software isn't worth it. Because a software should give me
some help, not give me a headache. Such software is simply not worth my
time.
On the whole I'd agree, but ...
Post by Char Jackson
Fortunately, Voidtools' Everything doesn't require any help files for
its basic task of instantly finding files. It can do a heck of a lot
... Everything is pretty intuitive, and extremely effective, for the
basic searching.
Post by Char Jackson
more than that, so that's where the help file comes in.
Besides, its help file *is* available offline, if you need it.
It _would_ be nice if there was a way to (download it and then) link it
to the utility, though, so that Alt-H (or whatever) _did_ bring it up.

Never raise your hand to your children. It leaves your mid-section unprotected
SC Tom
2018-07-08 11:59:11 UTC
Post by freenews
How do I get message to Void Tools ?
1) NEED SEARCHABLE HELP AND not ON-LINE HELP ! PLEASE
2) NEED A WAY TO STOP SCANNING AND USE AS IS ! PLEASE
<http://www.voidtools.com/contact/>

He probably won't respond if you yell at him, too ;-)
--
SC Tom