Laptop always starts less than full brightness
micky
2018-03-07 16:10:05 UTC
Using Win7, fully updated.

Laptop always starts less than full brightness, even when plugged into
the wall.

I really can't see things as well. It's much better when it's brighter.

And I forget that I can make it brighter.

I don't think this is adaptive brightness because my room is not very
bright, and because it doesn't get less bright again after I turn it up,
not until -- I think -- I hibernate or sleep.

Any ideas?
Good Guy
2018-03-07 16:16:51 UTC
Post by micky
Using Win7, fully updated.
Laptop always starts less than full brightness, even when plugged into
the wall.
I really can't see things as well. It's much better when it's brighter.
And I forget that I can make it brighter.
I don't think this is adaptive brightness because my room is not very
bright, and because it doesn't get less bright again after I turn it up,
not until -- I think -- I hibernate or sleep.
Any ideas?
Have you paid your bills? Energy is expensive so first pay your bills
before asking us for the solution here. And before I forget, DON'T YOU
EVER CROSS-POST TO WINDOWS 10 NG when you are not using it.

Go fuck yourself.

Go and buy a new Windows 10 machine to get support on Windows 10 NG.
Post by micky
software.
//https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/comprehensive-security/
micky
Kerplunk
Wolf K
2018-03-07 16:22:44 UTC
Post by micky
Using Win7, fully updated.
Laptop always starts less than full brightness, even when plugged into
the wall.
I really can't see things as well. It's much better when it's brighter.
And I forget that I can make it brighter.
I don't think this is adaptive brightness because my room is not very
bright, and because it doesn't get less bright again after I turn it up,
not until -- I think -- I hibernate or sleep.
Any ideas?
Check the Power Options, in Control Panel. Some settings reduce screen
brightness, others increase it. Brighter screen uses more power.
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
weeks ago."
SC Tom
2018-03-10 11:53:53 UTC
Post by micky
Using Win7, fully updated.
Laptop always starts less than full brightness, even when plugged into
the wall.
I really can't see things as well. It's much better when it's brighter.
And I forget that I can make it brighter.
I don't think this is adaptive brightness because my room is not very
bright, and because it doesn't get less bright again after I turn it up,
not until -- I think -- I hibernate or sleep.
Any ideas?
Under Control Panel > Power Options, click on "Edit plan settings." There
should then be "On battery" and "Plugged in" settings. Adjust the brightness
for each to what you like. Then reboot and see if the settings stick :-)
SC Tom
micky
2018-03-22 10:56:26 UTC
In alt.windows7.general, on Sat, 10 Mar 2018 06:53:53 -0500, "SC Tom"
Post by SC Tom
Post by micky
Using Win7, fully updated.
Laptop always starts less than full brightness, even when plugged into
the wall.
I really can't see things as well. It's much better when it's brighter.
And I forget that I can make it brighter.
I don't think this is adaptive brightness because my room is not very
bright, and because it doesn't get less bright again after I turn it up,
not until -- I think -- I hibernate or sleep.
Any ideas?
Under Control Panel > Power Options, click on "Edit plan settings." There
should then be "On battery" and "Plugged in" settings. Adjust the brightness
for each to what you like. Then reboot and see if the settings stick :-)
I've waited this long to reply to be sure of my results.

I did what you say, Tom and Wolf, and plugged in was set to 100%. I
thought maybe there was a second when it was turned on that it thought
it was on the battery, so I turned the battery up to 100% too.

Still, it always starts substantially dim.

I've finally started noticing this each time, and it's not much trouble
to turn the brightness up, but I used to not even think of that and just
have trouble seeing.

I don't know why I didn't notice this so much on the 2-week trip to
Florida, but I sure notice it now.

Also on one occasion coming out of hibernate seemed to not include
running Stunnel (which is one of my start-up programs) and some other
background program, but that only happened once.

Windows 7, 64 bit.
David E. Ross
2018-03-22 15:33:59 UTC
Post by SC Tom
Post by micky
[...]
When you set the brightness, did you then select the Save button?
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump: Please stop using Twitter. We need
to hear your voice and see you talking. We need to know
when your message is really your own and not your attorney's.
micky
2018-03-22 20:26:43 UTC
Post by SC Tom
Post by micky
[...]
Yes, and it was there at 100% for both battery and AC the next time I
looked.

And this just reminded me to turn up the brightness right now. I
started the computer almost 5 hours ago and it's been dim all that time
until now. .
Brian Gregory
2018-03-23 01:22:02 UTC
Post by SC Tom
Post by micky
[...]
Something specific to your particular laptop or model of laptop I think.
What model is it? Does the manufacturer have a forum you could search?
Brian Gregory (in England).
Zaidy036
2018-03-23 02:52:08 UTC
Post by SC Tom
Post by micky
[...]
Maybe DimScreen here will help:
<https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-dim-or-increase-the-brightness-of-laptop-or-notebook-lcd-screen/>

Another option is ScreenBright:
<http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/ScreenBright.shtml>
Zaidy036
micky
2018-03-23 12:54:58 UTC
In alt.windows7.general, on Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:52:08 -0400, Zaidy036
Post by Zaidy036
Post by SC Tom
Post by micky
[...]
A Dell Latitude E4300. I'm sure they do have a forum, maybe for this
very model. I didn't think of that (and I hate web forums, but once in
a while, you need them.)
Post by Zaidy036
<https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-dim-or-increase-the-brightness-of-laptop-or-notebook-lcd-screen/>
<http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/ScreenBright.shtml>
Both are interesting. I'll try them this weekend.

Thanks guys
Char Jackson
2018-03-23 15:02:55 UTC
Post by Zaidy036
<https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-dim-or-increase-the-brightness-of-laptop-or-notebook-lcd-screen/>
<http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/ScreenBright.shtml>
Both are interesting. I'll try them this weekend.
Thanks guys
Perhaps add this to your list of things to explore this weekend:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/control_my_monitor.html
micky
2018-03-23 15:21:55 UTC
Post by Zaidy036
<https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-dim-or-increase-the-brightness-of-laptop-or-notebook-lcd-screen/>
<http://www.softpedia.com/get/Desktop-Enhancements/Other-Desktop-Enhancements/ScreenBright.shtml>
Both are interesting. I'll try them this weekend.
Thanks guys
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/control_my_monitor.html
I will do that. One of these might just ignore windows and other
forces like the UN, NATO, SEATO, the OAS, OGPU, and set the brightness
the way I want it. (Again today I forgot to turn the brightness up for
about 30 minutes. )
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-03-23 16:47:26 UTC
In message <***@4ax.com>, Char Jackson
<***@none.invalid> writes:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/control_my_monitor.html
I don't have the OP's problem, but thought I'd check that one out anyway
- I have it already as part of NirLauncher (I found I was usually
fetching a NirSoft utility whenever someone mentioned one anyway, so I
decided to just get the lot; it's not exactly a lot of disc space!).

When I run it, it opens, headed
Intel(R) HD Graphics Internal LCD \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
, but with a big blank window - no parameters to play with. I know that
at least the brightness of my monitor (well, its backlight) _can_ be
adjusted, as there are keyboard keys to do so, and it can indeed be set
in the power scheme settings.

War is God's way of teaching Americans geography. -Ambrose Bierce, writer
(1842-1914)
Char Jackson
2018-03-23 19:08:33 UTC
On Fri, 23 Mar 2018 16:47:26 +0000, "J. P. Gilliver (John)"
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/control_my_monitor.html
I don't have the OP's problem, but thought I'd check that one out anyway
- I have it already as part of NirLauncher (I found I was usually
fetching a NirSoft utility whenever someone mentioned one anyway, so I
decided to just get the lot; it's not exactly a lot of disc space!).
When I run it, it opens, headed
Intel(R) HD Graphics Internal LCD \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
, but with a big blank window - no parameters to play with. I know that
at least the brightness of my monitor (well, its backlight) _can_ be
adjusted, as there are keyboard keys to do so, and it can indeed be set
in the power scheme settings.
You might be on to something. On a Win 7 PC I get a blank window with no
video card identified at all. On Win 8.1 PC with two monitors the
program correctly identifies both monitors but only displays attributes
for the second monitor. Are we doing something wrong?

I admit, I hadn't tried it before I suggested it because I also don't
have the OP's issue, but Nirsoft stuff has always been pretty solid.
Zaidy036
2018-03-23 21:31:45 UTC
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/control_my_monitor.html
I don't have the OP's problem, but thought I'd check that one out anyway
- I have it already as part of NirLauncher (I found I was usually
fetching a NirSoft utility whenever someone mentioned one anyway, so I
decided to just get the lot; it's not exactly a lot of disc space!).
When I run it, it opens, headed
Intel(R) HD Graphics Internal LCD \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
, but with a big blank window - no parameters to play with. I know that
at least the brightness of my monitor (well, its backlight) _can_ be
adjusted, as there are keyboard keys to do so, and it can indeed be set
in the power scheme settings.
I have a security suggestion for you with NirSoft tools. Because some of
the tools are similar to "black hat" tools if they are installed on your
system then security scans will mark them and you will require many
exclusion markings. I suggest installing them on a USB stick and only
having the ones you actually use installed on your system.
Zaidy036
micky
2018-03-24 17:21:17 UTC
In alt.windows7.general, on Fri, 23 Mar 2018 16:47:26 +0000, "J. P.
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/control_my_monitor.html
I don't have the OP's problem, but thought I'd check that one out anyway
- I have it already as part of NirLauncher (I found I was usually
fetching a NirSoft utility whenever someone mentioned one anyway, so I
decided to just get the lot; it's not exactly a lot of disc space!).
When I run it, it opens, headed
Intel(R) HD Graphics Internal LCD \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
Yes, mine displays something like that:
Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
\\.1display1\monitor0
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
, but with a big blank window - no parameters to play with. I know that
And then yes, just a blank window.

His help file gives command line commands, so I just tried:
ControlMyMonitor.exe /SetValue Primary 10 100
which he says will Set the brightness of primary monitor to 100.
But it made no change at all. ;-(

However even if worked and I could put in the startup bat file, I don't
think there is a startup bat file for coming out of sleep or
hibernation, is there?

Still, I could run a bat file say every 5 minutes that would do this,
but like I say, it didn't do anything.

Maybe I named the monitor wrong. I'll try:
ControlMyMonitor.exe /SetValue " \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" 10 100

10 seems to mean brighness and 12 contrast, but he doesn't include that
in the help.

Maybe it has something to do with being a laptop and not a separate
monitor?

Anyhow, beggars can't be choosers, so Iwill check out the other two.
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
at least the brightness of my monitor (well, its backlight) _can_ be
adjusted, as there are keyboard keys to do so, and it can indeed be set
in the power scheme settings.
And Zaidy, wrt the advice about the flashdrive, I see your point and it
is appreciated.
SC Tom
2018-03-25 13:13:12 UTC
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
, but with a big blank window - no parameters to play with. I know that
And then yes, just a blank window.
ControlMyMonitor.exe /SetValue Primary 10 100
which he says will Set the brightness of primary monitor to 100.
But it made no change at all. ;-(
However even if worked and I could put in the startup bat file, I don't
think there is a startup bat file for coming out of sleep or
hibernation, is there?
Still, I could run a bat file say every 5 minutes that would do this,
but like I say, it didn't do anything.
ControlMyMonitor.exe /SetValue " \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0" 10 100
10 seems to mean brighness and 12 contrast, but he doesn't include that
in the help.
Maybe it has something to do with being a laptop and not a separate
monitor?
You might be onto something there; my desktop shows my monitor after
refreshing the list (of 1), but my Acer laptop continues showing a blank box
even after refreshing. My "monitor" is listed in the drop-down box, but
still no settings for it.
The Brightness levels are from 0-100; after refreshing, it shows the Max for
each setting, along with if you can edit it or not (Read Only, Write Only,
Read+Write). Of course, that all seems moot on a laptop :-(

Aside to J.P.- If you use the Sysinternals Suite along with the Nirsoft
tools, you can incorporate them into the Nirsoft Launcher
<http://launcher.nirsoft.net/downloads/index.html>.
I used the "sysinternals4.nlp" to merge them, following the instructions
next to "sysinternals2.nlp", and it works very smoothly.
SC Tom
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-03-25 18:18:05 UTC
[When you use an invalid email that isn't obviously so, it's normal to
say that's the case, at the top or just above the .sig separator. I
first sent this as an email reply.]

In message <p98799$fm3$***@dont-email.me>, SC Tom <***@tom.net> writes:
[]
Post by SC Tom
Aside to J.P.- If you use the Sysinternals Suite along with the Nirsoft
tools, you can incorporate them into the Nirsoft Launcher
<http://launcher.nirsoft.net/downloads/index.html>.
I used the "sysinternals4.nlp" to merge them, following the
instructions next to "sysinternals2.nlp", and it works very smoothly.
Thanks for that. I think the only SysInternals utilities I have
installed at the moment are Process Explorer and SyncToy, but since I
usually think (as with NirSoft) that any SysInternal utility I look at
is worth having (once I understand it!, which isn't often!), I thought
I'd have a look at that page.

I see that the latest version of the NirSoft launcher is 1.20.33
(revised 2018-3-18); I have 1.20.28 which I got 2018-2-14. I wouldn't
normally bother with such a slight difference, but thought I would since
I've got the page open [by the way, do you just install it over the old
one? I can't find a mention on the pages].

But when I click on the Download button, I get a 403 - do you?

Never be led astray onto the path of virtue.
SC Tom
2018-03-26 11:40:08 UTC
Post by SC Tom
[...]
Using the link I posted, I see that it's now v1.20.34. He must be updating
like mad :-)

I DL'd the newer version (no 403 here) and unzipped it over my current
installation folder, and the Sysinternals wasn't there any more. Under
Launcher, there's a "Add Software Package" option. By clicking that and
selecting the .nlp file that I had previously copied to my
nirsoft\sysinternals\ folder, voila!, they both were available again.
On the DL page, it says not to use an "aggressive download manager" or your
IP may be blocked. If you use one, that may be why the 403?

I also noticed (although it may have been there in the previous version and
I didn't notice it) that there are two green arrows in the bottom right of
the NirLauncher's window- "↑ Package" and "↓ Package". They work the same as
F3 and F4 (although if one only has one other package, both functions would
act the same <sheepish grin>).

Sorry about the email thing. I get enough spam without posting my real
address in newsgroups :-( If you'd like, I can email you directly and we can
carry on this conversation that way (I do have a couple of posters here that
I communicate privately with, but not many). I usually post everything here
in case someone else might be interested in the subject matter, or in this
case, the sub-subject matter, LOL.
SC Tom
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-03-26 20:49:42 UTC
In message <p9am6o$dfh$***@dont-email.me>, SC Tom <***@tom.net> writes:
[]
Post by SC Tom
Post by SC Tom
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
But when I click on the Download button, I get a 403 - do you?
Using the link I posted, I see that it's now v1.20.34. He must be
updating like mad :-)
Indeed!
Post by SC Tom
I DL'd the newer version (no 403 here) and unzipped it over my current
installation folder, and the Sysinternals wasn't there any more. Under
Launcher, there's a "Add Software Package" option. By clicking that and
selecting the .nlp file that I had previously copied to my
nirsoft\sysinternals\ folder, voila!, they both were available again.
Thanks.
Post by SC Tom
On the DL page, it says not to use an "aggressive download manager" or
your IP may be blocked. If you use one, that may be why the 403?
No, just my ancient Firefox 27.0.1 (still giving the 403 with the latest
version).
Post by SC Tom
I also noticed (although it may have been there in the previous version
and I didn't notice it) that there are two green arrows in the bottom
right of the NirLauncher's window- "0 -------------------------------------^^^--------------^^^
[I'm only seeing three spaces where indicated, though I assume you meant
there are left and right arrows in those places.]
Post by SC Tom
work the same as F3 and F4 (although if one only has one other package,
both functions would act the same <sheepish grin>).
Sorry about the email thing. I get enough spam without posting my real
address in newsgroups :-( If you'd like, I can email you directly and
No problem; I understand the reasoning. It's just that when the munged
one you use isn't _obviously_ fake (and "***@tom.net" sounds plausible -
actually looks enviable!), some people put a message just above the
"-- " line giving a hint (I know one person who has an extra DRAGON in
her posted address but has the hint line "emulate St. George to reply",
for example, which I thought quite pleasing). [FWIW, I was getting very
little spam to my old host when I left it about a year or two ago, and I
don't think I've had _any_ to the new one - certainly not enough to be
aware of them; I think the days of 'bots harvesting from usenet are
mostly behind us.]
Post by SC Tom
we can carry on this conversation that way (I do have a couple of
posters here that I communicate privately with, but not many). I
usually post everything here in case someone else might be interested
in the subject matter, or in this case, the sub-subject matter, LOL.
... I'm the same, I generally post for that reason. I only (tried to)
email as I'd thought it had drifted far enough from the original
subject. (I tried to change the Subject: header, but I know some news
clients keep old thread titles.)

Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
SC Tom
2018-03-27 09:19:49 UTC
*** Replies in-line.
Post by SC Tom
Post by SC Tom
On the DL page, it says not to use an "aggressive download manager" or
your IP may be blocked. If you use one, that may be why the 403?
No, just my ancient Firefox 27.0.1 (still giving the 403 with the latest
version).
*** That is a pretty old version. I tried it with IE11 and Edge, and the DL
worked in both, if either is an option for you (my usual browser is FF
59.0.2).
I can email it to you as an attachment, changing the .zip to, say, .txt to
avoid it being blocked. It is 26.6MB if that's not too large for our ISPs.
If that's too large, I can break it down into smaller pieces and send one
piece per email :-)
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by SC Tom
I also noticed (although it may have been there in the previous version
and I didn't notice it) that there are two green arrows in the bottom
right of the NirLauncher's window-
"0 -------------------------------------^^^--------------^^^
[I'm only seeing three spaces where indicated, though I assume you meant
there are left and right arrows in those places.]
*** Actually, it's an up arrow and down arrow for the Package selection.
SC Tom
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-03-27 21:05:45 UTC
Post by SC Tom
*** Replies in-line.
Post by SC Tom
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by SC Tom
Aside to J.P.- If you use the Sysinternals Suite along with the
Nirsoft tools, you can incorporate them into the Nirsoft Launcher
<http://launcher.nirsoft.net/downloads/index.html>.
I used the "sysinternals4.nlp" to merge them, following the
instructions next to "sysinternals2.nlp", and it works very smoothly.
It does, doesn't it!
Post by SC Tom
Post by SC Tom
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by SC Tom
On the DL page, it says not to use an "aggressive download manager"
or your IP may be blocked. If you use one, that may be why the 403?
No, just my ancient Firefox 27.0.1 (still giving the 403 with the
latest version).
*** That is a pretty old version. I tried it with IE11 and Edge, and
the DL worked in both, if either is an option for you (my usual browser
is FF 59.0.2).
I tried with Chrome, and to my surprise it downloaded! It seems odd that
a simple file download should be browser-version-dependent.
Post by SC Tom
I can email it to you as an attachment, changing the .zip to, say, .txt
to avoid it being blocked. It is 26.6MB if that's not too large for our
ISPs. If that's too large, I can break it down into smaller pieces and
send one piece per email :-)
(I had thought of asking you to, but it seemed a bit of a big ask! All
sorted now, anyway. Thanks for the offer.)
Post by SC Tom
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by SC Tom
I also noticed (although it may have been there in the previous
version and I didn't notice it) that there are two green arrows in
the bottom right of the NirLauncher's window- "0
-------------------------------------^^^--------------^^^
[I'm only seeing three spaces where indicated, though I assume you
meant there are left and right arrows in those places.]
*** Actually, it's an up arrow and down arrow for the Package selection.
So I see. (Had you pasted graphics into your post?)
Post by SC Tom
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by SC Tom
work the same as F3 and F4 (although if one only has one other
package, both functions would act the same <sheepish grin>).
Indeed, as I do at the moment!
[discussion re emailing snipped.]

Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.
SC Tom
2018-03-28 13:24:08 UTC
<<MAJOR SNIPPAGE>>
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by SC Tom
Post by J. P. Gilliver (John)
Post by SC Tom
work the same as F3 and F4 (although if one only has one other package,
both functions would act the same <sheepish grin>).
Indeed, as I do at the moment!
[discussion re emailing snipped.]
Glad you got it downloaded! Wouldn't have been a big deal to email it in
pieces though :-)

I didn't paste graphics in the post; I used ALT codes (ALT24 and ALT25) to
insert the arrows. Obviously plain text won't show them, or whatever code
WLM translates it to doesn't carry well.
SC Tom
micky
2018-03-23 14:29:32 UTC
Post by SC Tom
Post by micky
[...]
I know this is win7, not for a win8 or 10 computer, but I need help
knowing when and how to upgrade drivers. I can't understand even the
Dell pages, such as

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=3N7TV
Post by Brian Gregory
Something specific to your particular laptop or model of laptop I think.
What model is it? Does the manufacturer have a forum you could search?
Well, I haven't looked in the Dell forum yet, but other forums suggest
it could be a driver .

Might it be the video driver (display adapter?) or is it sure to be the
Dell Power Manager Application, the url above:

Dell Command | Power Manager
This package provides Dell Command | Power Manager and is supported on
Latitude [which is what I have], Precision and Dell Venue 11 Pro models
running the following Operating Systems: Windows 7 [what I h ave],
Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

It has a lot of added features but I suspect there for things my 5? year
old hardware doesn't support. Should I install it anyway, on the
theory they didn't name every little change they made?

Will I be able to easily go back to the prior version if it makes things
worse? Do I need to figure out what the prior verision is so I can
re-install it? I know there is "Rollback Driver" but does it work
well?

Release date 29 Jul 2015
Last Updated 04 Jan 2017
Some of my other drivers are dated 2010, well before the first
release date here

Fixes
- Not Applicable

Enhancments
- Updated Thermal Management Feature
- Added Alerts Management Feature
- Added Battery Extender Feature
- Updated Group Policy Templates
- Support for Windows 10 operating system
- Added support for user feedback
- Additional languages supported
Andy
Windows 7, 64 bit.
micky
2018-03-23 15:18:05 UTC
In alt.windows7.general, on Fri, 23 Mar 2018 04:25:36 -0400, "Andy"
Post by Andy
I run windows 8.1 on my HP LapTop and never have this problem :)
What make and model is yours?
Dell Latitude E4300 running win7 Pro 64-bit

I tried to upgrade to 72-bit but it wouldn't do it. :(
Andy
2018-03-26 13:28:42 UTC
Is no such thing as a 72 bit Os :)
your dell is a good model i am suprized you are haveing problems with it but
if its still under warrenty i would be giveing them a call and say hey whats
going on and can you fix it:)
--
AL'S COMPUTERS
Frank Slootweg
2018-03-26 15:32:25 UTC
Post by Andy
I run windows 8.1 on my HP LapTop and never have this problem :)
What make and model is yours?
Dell Latitude E4300 running win7 Pro 64-bit
I tried to upgrade to 72-bit but it wouldn't do it. :(
Is no such thing as a 72 bit Os :)
Well, there have always been double-word OSs/data/instructions for
most if not all computers, so why not a 72-bit OS for a 36-bit (Yes,
36!) computer!? :-)

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PDP-10>
Andy
2018-03-27 09:14:14 UTC
I don't know frank but so far the highest bit OS i have seen is 64:)
but another poster said this and i like it:)

Maybe if you glued two DECSYSTEM-20's together? :)
--
AL'S COMPUTERS
Roger Blake
2018-03-26 16:47:18 UTC
Post by Andy
Is no such thing as a 72 bit Os :)
Maybe if you glued two DECSYSTEM-20's together? :)

NSA sedition and treason -- http://www.DeathToNSAthugs.com
Don't talk to cops! -- http://www.DontTalkToCops.com
Badges don't grant extra rights -- http://www.CopBlock.org
Andy
2018-03-27 09:14:31 UTC
One can try Suprized Microsoft has not tried it yet:)
--
AL'S COMPUTERS
Post by Roger Blake
Is no such thing as a 72 bit Os :)
micky
2018-03-31 10:24:29 UTC
In alt.windows7.general, on Mon, 26 Mar 2018 09:28:42 -0400, "Andy"
Post by Andy
Is no such thing as a 72 bit Os :)
your dell is a good model i am suprized you are haveing problems with it but
if its still under warrenty i would be giveing them a call and say hey whats
going on and can you fix it:)
I bought the Dell Latitude E4300 running win7 Pro 64-bit second-hand,
at a hamfest in Virginia, from a recycler from Michigan. Probalby no
warranty. :-) OTOH, if I could actually reach a tech, he might know
the answer and could tell me in 30 seconds.

I'm looking at the Dell forum, a Dell laptop forum, and google itself,
and depending on search terms, get either too few hits or too many.

I see others start up and come out of sleep and hibenate with a dim
screen and just can't make it brighter, so I'm in better shape than they
are.
Andy