Using win7, hibernate disappeared!
micky
2018-03-07 16:09:53 UTC
Using win7, hibernate disappeared!

Almost fully updated, Hibernate used to be one of the options listed
when I pressed the Windows key and then clicked on the arrow to the
right of Shutdown.

I don't think I did anything to make it go away.

I've been through all the power options and the only ones somewhat
related are

I have brightness plugged-in 100% (and on battery 60%)
Dim display plugged in after 15 minutes. Hmm! Doesn't that mean
when you type again the brightness should go gack to the previous
brightness. (In addition it seems to start too dim, not go dim after
15 minutes.)
Turn off display plugged in after 15 minutes.
Hibernate on battery after 60 minutes, on AC never
Allow Hybrid Sleep on battery - off, on AC - on.
Sleep on battery after 15 minutes, on AC, never (that used to be 30
minutes but I changed it after Hibernate disappeared.)

Sleep button action, battery or plugged in, Sleep
Power button action, battery or plugged in, Shut down
Lid close action, battery or plugged in, HIBERNATE

So I've only been using Sleep for the past 16 hours.

Any ideas.
Jonathan N. Little
2018-03-07 16:34:04 UTC
Post by micky
Using win7, hibernate disappeared!
Almost fully updated, Hibernate used to be one of the options listed
when I pressed the Windows key and then clicked on the arrow to the
right of Shutdown.
I don't think I did anything to make it go away.
Admin command prompt:

powercfg.exe /hibernate on
--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
micky
2018-03-24 17:23:42 UTC
In alt.comp.os.windows-10, on Wed, 7 Mar 2018 11:34:04 -0500, "Jonathan
Post by Jonathan N. Little
Post by micky
Using win7, hibernate disappeared!
Almost fully updated, Hibernate used to be one of the options listed
when I pressed the Windows key and then clicked on the arrow to the
right of Shutdown.
I don't think I did anything to make it go away.
powercfg.exe /hibernate on
Thanks. Hibernate must be on because it still hibernates when I shut
the lid. But here it is 17 days later, and even after restarts, it's
no longer an option for the windows key.

So I shut the lid. That keeps out the dust anyhow.