OT, Android tablets, Adobe is conspiring with Microsoft?
John Doe
2014-04-24 17:31:11 UTC
Assuming this is true...

"Adobe stopped supporting Flash player with the introduction of
Android 4.0"

Seems like Adobe has been Microsoft's right-hand man ever since
Windows 3.1 or earlier. It's always been in Windows, apparently never
threatened by a Microsoft takeover.

So what's the deal with not supporting Android? Must be a huge amount
of tension between Google and Adobe, given Google's YouTube website.

I'm sure Adobe supports Windows' tablets. How else can it be anything
but an effort on Microsoft's behalf to mess up non-Windows' tablets.

It's like Adobe is constantly finding ways to annoy me.
Bruce Hagen
I doubt it's true. My Galaxy S3 is Android version 4.3 and flash works fine.
Boscoe
2014-04-24 18:59:49 UTC
Post by Bruce Hagen
Post by John Doe
Assuming this is true...
"Adobe stopped supporting Flash player with the introduction of
Android 4.0"
Seems like Adobe has been Microsoft's right-hand man ever since
Windows 3.1 or earlier. It's always been in Windows, apparently never
threatened by a Microsoft takeover.
So what's the deal with not supporting Android? Must be a huge amount
of tension between Google and Adobe, given Google's YouTube website.
I'm sure Adobe supports Windows' tablets. How else can it be anything
but an effort on Microsoft's behalf to mess up non-Windows' tablets.
It's like Adobe is constantly finding ways to annoy me.
I doubt it's true. My Galaxy S3 is Android version 4.3 and flash works fine.
It won't work with KitKat 4.4 as my Nexus 7 failed to run Flash.
There's a fairly simple work around with Dolphin browser and a few other
tweaks.
Bruce Hagen
2014-04-24 20:00:57 UTC
Post by Bruce Hagen
Post by John Doe
Assuming this is true...
"Adobe stopped supporting Flash player with the introduction of
Android 4.0"
Seems like Adobe has been Microsoft's right-hand man ever since
Windows 3.1 or earlier. It's always been in Windows, apparently never
threatened by a Microsoft takeover.
So what's the deal with not supporting Android? Must be a huge amount
of tension between Google and Adobe, given Google's YouTube website.
I'm sure Adobe supports Windows' tablets. How else can it be anything
but an effort on Microsoft's behalf to mess up non-Windows' tablets.
It's like Adobe is constantly finding ways to annoy me.
I doubt it's true. My Galaxy S3 is Android version 4.3 and flash works fine.
It won't work with KitKat 4.4 as my Nexus 7 failed to run Flash. There's
a fairly simple work around with Dolphin browser and a few other tweaks.
Actually, I'm not sure what I've got. I just got the phone last summer and I
did install Dolphin Browser. The first time I went to You Tube, it prompted
me to download something and I thorught it was Adobe Flash. Maybe not, but I
installed something.
Boscoe
2014-04-24 23:43:27 UTC
Post by Bruce Hagen
Post by Boscoe
Post by Bruce Hagen
Post by John Doe
[...]
Android, in their wisdom have decided not to support Flash any more. As
you say, Jelly Bean 4.3 works fine, and did on my Asus tablet.

If you ever have to upgrade; Dolphin browser, Dolphin Jetpack and a
cracked version of Flash are readily available. I still couldn't get it
to work at first until I found out you have to tick Desktop view in
settings in the browser.
Bruce Hagen
2014-04-25 00:35:01 UTC
Post by Boscoe
Post by Bruce Hagen
Post by Boscoe
Post by Bruce Hagen
Post by John Doe
[...]
Good to know. Thanks.

Paul
2014-04-24 19:56:38 UTC
Post by John Doe
Assuming this is true...
"Adobe stopped supporting Flash player with the introduction of
Android 4.0"
Seems like Adobe has been Microsoft's right-hand man ever since
Windows 3.1 or earlier. It's always been in Windows, apparently never
threatened by a Microsoft takeover.
So what's the deal with not supporting Android? Must be a huge amount
of tension between Google and Adobe, given Google's YouTube website.
I'm sure Adobe supports Windows' tablets. How else can it be anything
but an effort on Microsoft's behalf to mess up non-Windows' tablets.
It's like Adobe is constantly finding ways to annoy me.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/adobe-flash-for-android-gone-with-barely-a-whimper/

http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-install-flash-your-android-device

HTML5 is the future. Not Flash.

But once you read this article, you'll only end up shaking your head.
Proprietary solutions suck, but at least they provide cohesion.
This doesn't. This will be a zoo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML5_video

Paul
John Doe
2014-04-24 22:29:01 UTC
Post by John Doe
Assuming this is true...
"Adobe stopped supporting Flash player with the introduction of
Android 4.0"
Seems like Adobe has been Microsoft's right-hand man ever since
Windows 3.1 or earlier. It's always been in Windows, apparently never
threatened by a Microsoft takeover.
So what's the deal with not supporting Android? Must be a huge amount
of tension between Google and Adobe, given Google's YouTube website.
I'm sure Adobe supports Windows' tablets. How else can it be anything
but an effort on Microsoft's behalf to mess up non-Windows' tablets.
It's like Adobe is constantly finding ways to annoy me.
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/adobe-flash-for-android-gone-with-barely-a-whimper/
http://www.androidcentral.com/how-manually-install-flash-your-android-device
HTML5 is the future. Not Flash.
Everything on YouTube can use Flash Player. Everything. And that's
more video stuff than anyplace else in the world. And it's a
Google owned website.

I'm aware that HTML5 is lurking. If anybody, Google is promoting it.
But nothing on YouTube needs it.

I just don't see it. If Adobe were worried, wouldn't they support Android.