Other weirdness - removing the program entry, which Windows says is not removable???
pyotr filipivich
2018-04-16 15:30:23 UTC
Back in 2014, I installed AutoCAD - student license. It expired after
3 years, and I uninstalled it. at least I thought I had. running
CCleaner Pro(trial version) I find there are two entries which still
show up in the "remove programs" screen. Uninstalling the one gives
me "error 1606 Could not access network location 0"

And checking this, just now - okay, that is deleted. "Okay,
thanks a lot, ya'll are geniuses, guys."

Yet, the other program, which was relabeled "Z_atucad kruft" now
is looking for the instillation package '7F69.tmp_Autodesk(r)_Storm
and Sanitary Analysis_201... cannot be uninstalled.

That's also long gone.

When I had attempted to just delete the entry "Cannot delete MSI
installer".

Is it telling me I cannot delete that kind of program, or it
cannot find it to delete?

[update] When I checked this morning (to reuninstall TaxAct -
they were back.

As an Option B there is manually nuking all AutoCAD references in
Registry. Is this a good idea? (For some values of "good" - I know.)
Specifically, bakup the registry, then search and delete all
references to autocad/autodesk?

Or just continue to ignore it, until I get that Round Tuit and
Massive amounts of copious spare time?

cheers

APL is a mistake, carried through to perfection. It is the language
of the future for the programming techniques of the past: it creates a
new generation of coding bums.
-- Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5
--
pyotr filipivich
The question was asked: "Is Hindsight overrated?"
In retrospect, it appears to be.
Big Al
2018-04-16 16:22:16 UTC
Post by pyotr filipivich
[...]
If you still have the autocad disk and can re-install it, I would. Then
use something revo uninstaller to remove it. I does a good job of
finding registry links that are not removed by uninstallers.
Wolf K
2018-04-16 17:29:12 UTC
[...]
The Pro (payware) version has a "Forced Uninstall", which will remove
leftovers from already uninstalled programs. Might suit OP. FWIW, I got
the Portable version, which will run off a USB if desired.

Best,
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
weeks ago."
VanguardLH
2018-04-16 23:47:04 UTC
I installed AutoCAD - student license. It expired after 3 years, and
I uninstalled it. at least I thought I had. running CCleaner
Pro(trial version)
The trial version will find nothing more than the free version. The
payware Pro version merely added auto-update (instead of prompting you
on load that there is a new update and you getting it).
I find there are two entries which still show up in the "remove
programs" screen. Uninstalling the one gives me "error 1606 Could
not access network location 0" And checking this, just now - okay,
that is deleted.
Yet, the other program, which was relabeled "t" now is looking for the
instillation package '7F69.tmp_Autodesk(r)_Storm and Sanitary
Analysis_201... cannot be uninstalled. That's also long gone. When I
had attempted to just delete the entry "Cannot delete MSI installer".
Is it telling me I cannot delete that kind of program, or it cannot
find it to delete?
Try Revo Uninstaller (free). They now have a free 64-bit version. You
never mentioned the bitwidth of your Windows 7 installation. They now
have both 32- and 64-bit versions.

The free version will first attempt to use the uninstaller specified in
Add/Remove Programs. If that works (or doesn't), and *if* the program
is in its database (the free version only uses a database of programs,
the Pro version has a installation recorder but that's of no use unless
you recorded the installation), it may find the remnant file and
registry entries for that program to remove them. Be careful how
aggressive you set Revo Uninstall: the more aggressive, the more you
need to review the list of proposed deletions to make sure they are on
target.

There is a free portable version if you don't want to install Revo
Uninstaller. I've used it often enough to install it; however, even
after using it, I still check the registry for more remnant entries --
but careful what you delete (yourself or using Revo). Some entries
might be references in other programs rather than entries for the
installation of AutoCAD.
APL is a mistake, carried through to perfection. It is the language
of the future for the programming techniques of the past: it creates a
new generation of coding bums.
-- Edsger W. Dijkstra, SIGPLAN Notices, Volume 17, Number 5
If you're going to add off-topic (which is spam) fluff to your posts,
make sure you delineate it with a proper signature delimiter line (dash
dash space newline).