Why Does Windows 7 Ignore the Settings in Shortcut for "Maximize"?
croy
2017-08-02 01:13:07 UTC
croy
David E. Ross
2017-08-02 02:16:58 UTC
Usually, that is a characteristic of the application launched from the
shortcut and not something Microsoft can control. I have an application
that can be either minimized to the task bar or maximized; it cannot be
"normal" with its window occupying only part of my desktop. Another
application on my PC can be minimized; but if I try to maximize it, its
window only gets slightly taller but never fills my desktop, remaining
"normal".
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

President Trump demands loyalty to himself from Republican members
of Congress. I always thought that members of Congress -- House
and Senate -- were required to be loyal to the people of the
United States. In any case, they all swore an oath of office
to be loyal to the Constitution.
VanguardLH
2017-08-02 02:39:01 UTC
croy wrote NOTHING.

I heard a whisper on the other side of the door. I opened and peered
inside. Nope, nobody there.

Empty message body = no discussion.
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-08-02 06:54:07 UTC
croy wrote NOTHING.
I heard a whisper on the other side of the door. I opened and peered
inside. Nope, nobody there.
Empty message body = no discussion.
Admittedly it's an unusual approach, but he put all his question in the
subject. David E. Ross produced what could well be a comprehensive
answer.

You've made a happy man very old. - Stephen Fry, on QI, 2014-10-18

JJ
2017-08-02 17:20:09 UTC
The shortcut files' "Run" setting is for specifying how an application GUI
*should* be displayed. It's not how it *must* be displayed.

All applications have full control on how their GUI is displayed. They can
ignore that setting. e.g. for restoring the window state that the user has
previously saved.