Can't Open ATT.com
Add Reply
Boris
2017-06-16 23:53:39 UTC
Windows 7, x64, Firefox 54.0, no add-ons or extensions, not set for
tracking private browsing

Using Firefox, going to att.com gets me an incomplete page. There is no
ability to log in.

I've researched this, and tried all fixes but nothing works. Others cite
same issue.

BTW, SRIron does the same (doesn't work).

ATT customer service has no explanation, as they can use my ID and all
works fine for them.

Any ideas?
VanguardLH
2017-06-17 00:30:57 UTC
Post by Boris
Windows 7, x64, Firefox 54.0, no add-ons or extensions, not set for
tracking private browsing
Using Firefox, going to att.com gets me an incomplete page. There is no
ability to log in.
I've researched this, and tried all fixes but nothing works. Others cite
same issue.
BTW, SRIron does the same (doesn't work).
A Chromium-based web browser.
Post by Boris
ATT customer service has no explanation, as they can use my ID and all
works fine for them.
Any ideas?
Boot into Windows safe mode w/networking and retry. If that works,
something you load on Windows startup is interferring with your web
traffic. One example would be antivirus software that uses MITM (man in
the middle) with local root certificates to intercept and interrogate
your HTTPS traffic. Avast, Kaspersky, and others do this. Another
example are streaming capture tools that use the MITM scheme with their
local root cert to intercept video streams from an HTTPS page.

Both a Chromium-based and Firefox-based web browser fail to paint the
page correctly. Looks like something external to the web browsers
causes the problem. Whose DNS server does your computer use? Any other
security software on your computer, like URL blockers? Check your
router's config. Any parental controls in place?

Incomplete page doesn't say what isn't there. When I visit att.com,
logging in does NOT push me to another web page. Instead I get a pseudo
popup using CSS to show the login dialog. What happens when you click
on the Login link at the top right of their page?

Is scripting enabled in both your web browsers? To test, go to
http://www.isjavascriptenabled.com/.

Could be due to some filtering in any of the nodes between your endpoint
(your PC) and the other endpoint (web site). Do a traceroute from you
to att.com. Then compare it with others that also have the same
problem. You might find both of you are hitting the same node in your
routes to the web site. A different route might eliminate the problem.
To do that means having to use a public proxy; however, a portion of the
route (from you through your ISP's network) will remain the same but
will differ when diverting to the proxy service.

I tried Firefox 54 and Google Chrome 58 and both worked okay with the
att.com web site; however, my software config (like security programs)
and routing would be different than yours. Their tech support would
also have a different software config and route than you.
David E. Ross
2017-06-17 04:29:18 UTC
Post by Boris
Windows 7, x64, Firefox 54.0, no add-ons or extensions, not set for
tracking private browsing
Using Firefox, going to att.com gets me an incomplete page. There is no
ability to log in.
I've researched this, and tried all fixes but nothing works. Others cite
same issue.
BTW, SRIron does the same (doesn't work).
ATT customer service has no explanation, as they can use my ID and all
works fine for them.
Any ideas?
Windows 7
SeaMonkey 2.46

I get the login at <https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute>.
--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com>

Consider:
* Most state mandate that drivers have liability insurance.
* Employers are mandated to have worker's compensation insurance.
* If you live in a flood zone, flood insurance is mandatory.
* If your home has a mortgage, fire insurance is mandatory.

Why then is mandatory health insurance so bad??
Diesel
2017-06-17 11:34:49 UTC
Post by Boris
Windows 7, x64, Firefox 54.0, no add-ons or extensions, not set
for tracking private browsing
Using Firefox, going to att.com gets me an incomplete page. There
is no ability to log in.
I've researched this, and tried all fixes but nothing works.
Others cite same issue.
BTW, SRIron does the same (doesn't work).
ATT customer service has no explanation, as they can use my ID and
all works fine for them.
Any ideas?
Are you by chance using Malwarebytes resident? Or, any other packages
that can block website access?

Laughing stock: cattle with a sense of humour.