Hate CCleaner !
Add Reply
Shadow
2018-08-01 16:36:02 UTC
On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 19:11:53 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
Though I read somewhere that ALL recent versions are malware
(adware is malware).
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52098-intrusive-ccleaner-pop-up/
Let me guess, you didn't install those either ?
You guessed correctly sir.
Lucky, lucky you.
[]'s
It had to happen sometime.
An update:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/01/ccleaner-5-45-dont-install/

//It is nearly impossible to disable the monitoring part of CCleaner
(Active Monitoring), and there are not any privacy settings anymore in
the free version of the program.
While you may go to Options > Monitoring to disable "Enable system
monitoring" and "Enable Active Monitoring" there, you will notice that
the monitoring turns itself on again on the next start.//

CCleaner, AKA Crap Cleaner is now worse than the crap it was designed
to remove .....
But, and it is a big but, I don't use Avast as AV.
I don't use ANY resident AV. Nobody would if they read and
understood the TOS.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
mick
2018-08-01 21:56:26 UTC
Post by Shadow
[...]
Learn to use your software before moaning :-)

Untick the Active Monitoring box BUT also go to the Tools\Startup
Windows tab and disable or delete the CCleaner Monitoring entry.
That entry may come back with the next update so you will have to
repeat, but at least it will be gone for now.

Start up entries are just that, they start every time you boot the
computer. Most of them in your windows list are not needed and slow
the boot time down.
mick
Andy
2018-08-02 06:56:37 UTC
I unchecked mine rebooted the computer and it didnot come back:)
to get the C out of the task tray go to options then settings and uncheck
the Show CCeaner in the windows Notification Area:)
--
AL'S COMPUTERS
mick
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-08-02 07:46:57 UTC
I unchecked mine rebooted the computer and it didnot come back:) to get
the C out of the task tray go to options then settings and uncheck the
Show CCeaner in the windows Notification Area:)
--
(If you must top-post, it's better not to use the proper "-- " line
above. Which is _normally_ a good idea.)
Post by mick
Untick the Active Monitoring box BUT also go to the Tools\Startup
Windows tab and disable or delete the CCleaner Monitoring entry.
That entry may come back with the next update so you will have to repeat,
but at least it will be gone for now.
Start up entries are just that, they start every time you boot the
computer. Most of them in your windows list are not needed and slow the
boot time down.
--
mick
Just "uncheck[ing] the Show CCeaner in the windows Notification Area"
isn't disabling or deleting any activity: it just stops the reminder
that it's happening.

Veni Vidi Vacuum [I came, I saw, It sucked] - ***@saslimited.demon.co.uk, 1998
Mr Pounder Esquire
2018-08-02 15:51:10 UTC
Post by mick
Untick the Active Monitoring box BUT also go to the Tools\Startup
Windows tab and disable or delete the CCleaner Monitoring entry.
That entry may come back with the next update so you will have to
repeat, but at least it will be gone for now.
Start up entries are just that, they start every time you boot the
computer. Most of them in your windows list are not needed and
slow the boot time down.
--
mick
Just "uncheck[ing] the Show CCeaner in the windows Notification Area"
isn't disabling or deleting any activity: it just stops the reminder
that it's happening.
Can't see that making much difference if Enable System Monitoring is not
ticked.
Andy
ticked.
Mr Pounder Esquire
2018-08-02 15:40:28 UTC
Post by Shadow
On Tue, 31 Jul 2018 19:11:53 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
Though I read somewhere that ALL recent versions are malware
(adware is malware).
https://forum.piriform.com/topic/52098-intrusive-ccleaner-pop-up/
Let me guess, you didn't install those either ?
You guessed correctly sir.
Lucky, lucky you.
[]'s
It had to happen sometime.
https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/01/ccleaner-5-45-dont-install/
//It is nearly impossible to disable the monitoring part of CCleaner
(Active Monitoring), and there are not any privacy settings anymore in
the free version of the program.
While you may go to Options > Monitoring to disable "Enable system
monitoring" and "Enable Active Monitoring" there, you will notice that
the monitoring turns itself on again on the next start.//
"Enable system monitoring" is turned off by default here and does not turn
back on after a re-start.
Post by Shadow
CCleaner, AKA Crap Cleaner is now worse than the crap it was designed
to remove .....
Yes, I do remember Crap Cleaner.
Post by Shadow
But, and it is a big but, I don't use Avast as AV.
I don't use ANY resident AV. Nobody would if they read and
understood the TOS.
[]'s
I've had AVG for too many years and the only problem I've ever had with it
was when it did not like youtube too very much. It took me ages to sort that
out :-(
Mr Pounder Esquire
2018-08-02 15:44:24 UTC
Post by Shadow
But, and it is a big but, I don't use Avast as AV.
I don't use ANY resident AV. Nobody would if they read and
understood the TOS.
[]'s
I've had AVG for too many years and the only problem I've ever had
with it was when it did not like youtube too very much. It took me
ages to sort that out :-(
BTW - respects to Shadow.