Bit Locker Screen Background Problem
Add Reply
h***@at.here.com
2018-07-08 05:46:14 UTC
My screen background keeps changing to black ever since I encrypted my
C: with Bit Locker. I'm using Win 7 Ultimate.

I previously had the screen a solid blue color. Even when I go into
the settings for the background and change it to another color, the
screen color again turns black after a minute or two.

It does not affect my icons. They still show clearly with no problem.
The only problem is I don't like the black background.

Anyone else encounter this?
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2018-07-08 10:30:16 UTC
Post by h***@at.here.com
My screen background keeps changing to black ever since I encrypted my
C: with Bit Locker. I'm using Win 7 Ultimate.
I previously had the screen a solid blue color. Even when I go into
the settings for the background and change it to another color, the
screen color again turns black after a minute or two.
It does not affect my icons. They still show clearly with no problem.
The only problem is I don't like the black background.
Anyone else encounter this?
No, but I think I remember reading/hearing that reverting to black after
a few minutes meant that Windows suddenly thinks it's a pirate version
(or whatever the correct term is these days). Are you getting popups
about it not being genuine?

(I'm guessing this _could_ be a side-effect of the encryption - some
licence file, or validation, or something, is not accessible to the OS
quite as freely as before.)

Never raise your hand to your children. It leaves your mid-section unprotected
Paul
2018-07-08 11:20:14 UTC
Post by h***@at.here.com
My screen background keeps changing to black ever since I encrypted my
C: with Bit Locker. I'm using Win 7 Ultimate.
I previously had the screen a solid blue color. Even when I go into
the settings for the background and change it to another color, the
screen color again turns black after a minute or two.
It does not affect my icons. They still show clearly with no problem.
The only problem is I don't like the black background.
Anyone else encounter this?
There's a claim here, that the Ease Of Access settings
can remove the background (Step 4).

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/desktop-background-keeps-becoming-black/b77ee781-49e1-4014-860b-24d22e66d6e4

I'm having trouble tying Bitlocker into this though.
You would think if Bitlocker was "broken", a lot more
than your background would disappear.

Just for kicks, create another user account and set
the background image when you're logged in and
Personalizing the account. See if the background
sticks properly there.