Installing windows 7 OA?
mike
2017-08-04 02:35:01 UTC
I bought several laptops with no hard drives.
They have HP Win7 PRO OA COA stickers.
I googled and the consensus is that they will phone
activate just fine.
There is some controversy over which iso you need
to install win7. Some say any old pro 7 disk will work.
Others say that you have to have the proper OA version
OEM install disk.
I have the final version iso from digital river from
before they closed. I've used that in a lot of circumstances,
but never had a key labeled OA. Will that work?
Mike Easter
2017-08-04 03:03:47 UTC
Disclaimer: I am very uninformed about MS licenses.
Post by mike
I bought several laptops with no hard drives.
They have HP Win7 PRO OA COA stickers.
I interpret 'OA' as meaning OEM.
Post by mike
I googled and the consensus is that they will phone
activate just fine.
There is some controversy over which iso you need
to install win7. Some say any old pro 7 disk will work.
Others say that you have to have the proper OA version
OEM install disk.
My understanding is that OEM COA needs an OEM .iso, not a MS .iso.
Post by mike
I have the final version iso from digital river from
before they closed. I've used that in a lot of circumstances,
but never had a key labeled OA. Will that work?
I believe not.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Download-Windows-7-ISO/td-p/5782770
Q where can I download a Windows 7 ISO to repair my non booting
Windows 7 installation for my HP laptop. A Sorry, but there is nowhere
you can download the HP OEM version of Windows 7. - HP does not provide
an ISO, and the only thing they do provide is something known as HP
Recovery Media.

https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/bph07143 HP PCs - Obtaining HP
Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive
Mike Easter
Char Jackson
2017-08-04 03:53:51 UTC
Post by mike
I have the final version iso from digital river from
before they closed. I've used that in a lot of circumstances,
but never had a key labeled OA. Will that work?
I believe not.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Download-Windows-7-ISO/td-p/5782770
Q where can I download a Windows 7 ISO to repair my non booting
Windows 7 installation for my HP laptop. A Sorry, but there is nowhere
you can download the HP OEM version of Windows 7. - HP does not provide
an ISO, and the only thing they do provide is something known as HP
Recovery Media.
https://support.hp.com/id-en/document/bph07143 HP PCs - Obtaining HP
Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive
HP OEM ISO - no, but I've been successful with using a generic ISO (from
Digital River) and only using HP to get the right drivers. The best part
is that you don't end up with the trialware that they typically include.
2017-08-04 04:26:02 UTC
Post by mike
[...]
I installed a Digital River "Home Premium x64" on my laptop with
Acer "Home Premium x64", and all it took was phone activation
using the COA key provided on the bottom of the laptop.

*******

If you need a Win7 ISO today, you can use the heidoc.net URL
generator, to get a Microsoft URL for the needed file. That
bypasses the silly key check that Microsoft normally would do.
The Microsoft page will deny an OEM (laptop) user the ability
to download an ISO otherwise.

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Currently at version 5.09. The tool requires .NET and
IE11 (as it's probably using some MSHTML engine tricks).

https://www.heidoc.net/php/Windows%20ISO%20Downloader.exe

By using the "Copy to clipboard" buttons on the right, you
can even copy the URL into the browser of your own choosing.
And then you can visually see the file actually comes from
Microsoft. In this picture, the buttons are grayed out until
the URLs are "ready".