Still Got 7 ?
SteveGG
2017-05-07 21:16:29 UTC
KEEP IT AT ALL COSTS !

There is absolutely no reason to go to 10 :

Updates whether you want them or not.
Adds in your face (most annoying).

I still have 7 and very glad of it !
tesla sTinker
2017-05-07 22:07:25 UTC
no you dont, its really 6.1
They lied ... Its not 7.

But then again, they have twofaced paths.
8 is worse, and then 10, will certainly shut you down.

No one needs cloud shit. It will prevent you from
using software's. That is why, they are giving w10 away free.
To get you to do that mistake of it, yee pay servers..

AS soon as you make that mistake change, its to late....
Even Linux is better idea .
KEEP IT AT ALL COSTS !
Linux User
2017-05-07 22:18:15 UTC
Post by tesla sTinker
AS soon as you make that mistake change, its to late....
Even Linux is better idea .
Do you want to be first to blow job on my big thick cock? I use Linux.
You've made my day so you can make it better.
tesla sTinker
2017-05-07 23:49:07 UTC
Post by tesla sTinker
AS soon as you make that mistake change, its to late....
Even Linux is better idea .
Do you want to be first to blow job on my big thick cock? I use Linux.
You've made my day so you can make it better.
Maybe you would like the dam thing chopped off ... for the linux thing
was a compliment. Bill Gates, is a dammed by God nazi stealing the
worlds money. Which should fit your agenda. He will do these things
you require of, that is most certain....
philo
2017-05-08 09:13:35 UTC
Post by SteveGG
KEEP IT AT ALL COSTS !
Updates whether you want them or not.
Adds in your face (most annoying).
I still have 7 and very glad of it !
Little by little I'm upgrading my machines to Win10

Ads can be turned off and the update process made into something sane.

My big complaint is simply the default settings. Some can be tweaked
near the end of the installation.

Driver base for Win10 is quite good
Fokke Nauta
2017-05-08 15:29:27 UTC
Post by SteveGG
KEEP IT AT ALL COSTS !
Updates whether you want them or not.
Adds in your face (most annoying).
I still have 7 and very glad of it !
Fully agree. I won't switch to W10 either.
But ...
When I will build myself a new pc in - let's say - 5 years, I will have
to use W10 as W7 doesn't run properly on new processors. But then there
will be good tweaking tools.

Fokke
Char Jackson
2017-05-08 17:24:05 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
When I will build myself a new pc in - let's say - 5 years, I will have
to use W10 as W7 doesn't run properly on new processors. But then there
will be good tweaking tools.
A guy recently developed a fix for that artificial limitation. Win 7 now
runs properly on current gen CPUs. MS might 'fix' his fix, I suppose.
Fokke Nauta
2017-05-08 19:35:57 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
When I will build myself a new pc in - let's say - 5 years, I will have
to use W10 as W7 doesn't run properly on new processors. But then there
will be good tweaking tools.
A guy recently developed a fix for that artificial limitation. Win 7 now
runs properly on current gen CPUs. MS might 'fix' his fix, I suppose.
That looks good. I wasn't aware of that.

Fokke
Char Jackson
2017-05-08 20:35:25 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
When I will build myself a new pc in - let's say - 5 years, I will have
to use W10 as W7 doesn't run properly on new processors. But then there
will be good tweaking tools.
A guy recently developed a fix for that artificial limitation. Win 7 now
runs properly on current gen CPUs. MS might 'fix' his fix, I suppose.
That looks good. I wasn't aware of that.
I think this is where I first saw it.

<http://www.myce.com/news/hack-makes-possible-run-windows-7-intel-kaby-lake-amd-ryzen-cpus-81876/>
Fokke Nauta
2017-05-11 21:01:20 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
When I will build myself a new pc in - let's say - 5 years, I will have
to use W10 as W7 doesn't run properly on new processors. But then there
will be good tweaking tools.
A guy recently developed a fix for that artificial limitation. Win 7 now
runs properly on current gen CPUs. MS might 'fix' his fix, I suppose.
That looks good. I wasn't aware of that.
I think this is where I first saw it.
<http://www.myce.com/news/hack-makes-possible-run-windows-7-intel-kaby-lake-amd-ryzen-cpus-81876/>
Thanks.

But there is more involved. I understood it's about USB keyboard and
mouse drivers that won't work with W7 on new CPU's.
And I'm curious where I can download this patch.

Fokke
Good Guy
2017-05-11 21:07:07 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
But there is more involved. I understood it's about USB keyboard and
mouse drivers that won't work with W7 on new CPU's.
And I'm curious where I can download this patch.
You can download a junk called Linux and start using it. Take SteveGG
with you as he would be a good company for you. He is also homosexual
so you have something in common.
--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
J.O. Aho
2017-05-12 04:47:31 UTC
Post by Good Guy
Post by Fokke Nauta
But there is more involved. I understood it's about USB keyboard and
mouse drivers that won't work with W7 on new CPU's.
And I'm curious where I can download this patch.
You can download a junk called Linux and start using it. Take SteveGG
with you as he would be a good company for you. He is also homosexual
so you have something in common.
Please do quit with that steven balmer microsoft FUD. Don't forget that
Azure depends on Linux to be able to work, it's not for Linux has
support for a wast amount more devices, it's for it has a superior
tcp/ip stack.
Post by Good Guy
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
Number of users do not have anything to do with satisfaction when you
are forced to buy a OS you do not need.
//Aho
Mark Lloyd
2017-05-12 18:13:11 UTC
On 05/11/2017 11:47 PM, J.O. Aho wrote:

[snip]
Post by J.O. Aho
Post by Good Guy
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
Number of users do not have anything to do with satisfaction when you
are forced to buy a OS you do not need.
True. The above is the kind of nonsense you often find in advertising.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"Q: 'Let us pray for understanding and for compassion.' Picard: 'Let us
do no such damn thing.'"
Char Jackson
2017-05-11 21:24:02 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
When I will build myself a new pc in - let's say - 5 years, I will have
to use W10 as W7 doesn't run properly on new processors. But then there
will be good tweaking tools.
A guy recently developed a fix for that artificial limitation. Win 7 now
runs properly on current gen CPUs. MS might 'fix' his fix, I suppose.
That looks good. I wasn't aware of that.
I think this is where I first saw it.
<http://www.myce.com/news/hack-makes-possible-run-windows-7-intel-kaby-lake-amd-ryzen-cpus-81876/>
Thanks.
But there is more involved. I understood it's about USB keyboard and
mouse drivers that won't work with W7 on new CPU's.
And I'm curious where I can download this patch.
I just now downloaded it from the link in the article above.
https://github.com/zeffy/kb4012218-19/releases

I haven't tried it, especially since I don't have one of the new CPUs.
I haven't heard anything about USB KB/Mouse drivers.
Fokke Nauta
2017-05-12 13:27:02 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
[...]
I read about this problem in a thread somewhere. I will try to find
which URL it was.
It was about installing W7 with a new cpu. W7 does not recognize the USB
keyboard and mouse.

Fokke
Fokke Nauta
2017-05-12 13:32:21 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
[...]
May I quote:

"No, it's a USB interface issue. Windows 7 and below use the EHCI to
talk USB and Kaby Lake / Ryzen don't speak EHCI.
To install you need a USB driver from Intel or AMD that will enable the
Windows installer to speak xHCI."

"win7 wont work out of the package for skylake or kaby lake , with
skylake you had to inject drivers in the win7 image it has something to
do with intel has removed their support for the Enhanced Host Controller
Interface source , which mean no installing from USB from the base image ,
OP id recommend installing win 7 from disc and using a If you are
installing Windows 7 with an optical disc drive and PS/2 keyboard or mouse,"

Url =
https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/5k59yx/install_windows_7_on_kaby_lake/

Fokke
Char Jackson
2017-05-12 16:32:11 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
[...]
It looks like they're only discussing the 'how to install' aspect of Win
7 on new CPUs, and they discuss a couple of workarounds to the issues.
Either provide the proper USB drivers to the install process, or don't
install from USB at all. Instead, burn the Win 7 image to DVD and pop it
into a drive connected internally, for example. From what I read, once 7
is installed, it works fine.
Fokke Nauta
2017-05-18 17:10:21 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
[...]
But how would you use your USB keyboard and USB mouse during installing
when the drivers don't work?
That's the problem.

Fokke
Char Jackson
2017-06-17 17:05:26 UTC
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Fokke Nauta
[...]
I hadn't even considered that since most of my keyboards and mice are
PS/2.
SteveGG
2017-05-10 19:57:03 UTC
All note ....

Here is a nice, current reference to M$'s practice of
adding ads to Windows Nein, oops Ten. I am posting
this as there is some debate as to whether or not
these ads exist.

Mar 17, 2017, 8:30am EDT
Microsoft is infesting Windows 10 with annoying ads:
https://www.theverge.com/2017/3/17/14956540/microsoft-windows-10-ads-taskbar-file-explorer