TBird totally screwed up my email accounts !!!!!!!!
Add Reply
TBirdUser
2017-07-30 21:45:10 UTC
Went to new wifi hotspot.
Tried to log in and thought I was connected.

Opened TBird and got the master password prompt.

Typed the wrong password in.

All eMail accounts started reporting that they could not connect.

So I quit TBird and started over.

I Tried Fox and saw I had no internet connection either.

Tried Pale Moon and got a free open log in button and clicked it.
Got to the internet finally.

Went back to TBird and entered correct password in Master Password.

All eMails account are now totally screwd.
TBir popup says to log into web page.
That means I will have to give out more personal data

ALL BECAUSE TBIRD messed with the eMail accounts !!!!
Total crap !!!!

Is there any fix ???
TBirdUSer
2017-07-30 21:49:48 UTC
I waited and restarted TBird and now I got partial connection and a
message from Google that

"Someone has your password"

NO THEY DO NOT !

LEAVE ME ALONE !

I am so pissed at the waste of time on this crap.
Mike Easter
2017-07-31 07:08:33 UTC
Post by TBirdUSer
I waited and restarted TBird and now I got partial connection and a
message from Google that
"Someone has your password"
NO THEY DO NOT !
LEAVE ME ALONE !
I am so pissed at the waste of time on this crap.
Google has some security protections that cause alerts when there is
unexpected account activity; password problems, coming from a different IP.
Post by TBirdUSer
Went to new wifi hotspot.
That new wifi hotspot creates several kinds of 'problems' from your mail
perspective.

- gmail sees you coming from a different IP. That gives alerts
- your temporary password failure because of the master problem can
affect the behavior of both Tb and google
- some wifi hotspots are 'dangerous' because they are insecure and
someone can see your credentials
Mike Easter
Mike Tomlinson
2017-07-31 09:18:19 UTC
En el artículo <ollk9p$8vl$***@gioia.aioe.org>, TBirdUSer
<***@TBirdUSer.org> escribió:

Finally get banned from Netfront and had to go crawling to Aioe, did
you?
Post by TBirdUSer
I am so pissed at the waste of time on this crap.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=PEBKAC

You're too stupid to own a computer.
--
(\_/)
(")_(") the one I never tried before." - Mae West
TBirdUSer
2017-07-30 21:58:25 UTC
Some accounts are not letting me in !

I have to enter the Master Password twice !!!

When TBird then allows access it says that I need to enter a password
for a gmail account.

BUT IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT GMAIL ACCOUNT !!!

What am I a mind reader.

I need access to my eMail NOW.

Stupid idiots wrote this software !!!
Mike Easter
2017-07-31 07:16:19 UTC
Post by TBirdUSer
Some accounts are not letting me in !
Therefore you need to turn off automatic mail fetching when you startup
and every xx min.
Post by TBirdUSer
I have to enter the Master Password twice !!!
My recommendation is to turn off the automation. Then you can control
each account's mail fetching and get your individual account password
problems straightened out.
Post by TBirdUSer
When TBird then allows access it says that I need to enter a password
for a gmail account.
BUT IT DOES NOT SAY WHAT GMAIL ACCOUNT !!!
Exactly.
Post by TBirdUSer
What am I a mind reader.
I need access to my eMail NOW.
Stupid idiots wrote this software !!!
After you turn off the automatic part, then you can fetch your mail one
account at a time.

Right below Tb's title bar is a grey area on my system but a different
theme may have a different color. If you R click that area, you are
able to turn on/off the Mail and Menu toolbars. I like having both, but
the Mail is the one where you control getting mail from a specfic account.

It has a function called Get Messages. That function has a menu so that
you can select each account one at a time. You should make sure that
all accounts are OK as far as no longer needing access by a browser to
solve a captcha. Then, you likely will need to enter the user/pass for
each account as you access it and ask Tb to save that user/pass.

Rarely, when the password manager relationship gets screwed up it is
necessary to remove user/pass to get Tb straightened out.

After all the accounts are working again, you can turn the automatic
mail fetching at startup and every xx minutes back on again.
Mike Easter
Mayayana
2017-07-31 12:28:27 UTC
"TBirdUSer" <***@TBirdUSer.org> wrote

| I need access to my eMail NOW.
|
| Stupid idiots wrote this software !!!

You're the one using it. Why not set up real email?
You're irate about a product you're getting for free
from a sleazeball spyware company.

This same thing happened to my very elderly
father. He got confused, typing in his home
landline phone number and his Windows password
before finally giving up. The Google messages
didn't explain the context, assuming he was a
college student who lives on a cellphone and is
naive enough to share that number with Google.
More notably, they also assumed that "everyone
knows" Google wants your cellphone number, and
that you regularly use a cellphone. Yet that was
the first I had heard of it. I had to deduce the
problem from the messages. The idea that you
should need a confirmation phone call or phone
text to get your email is too ridiculous to be obvious.

I had to go over and help my father get his email.
If I remember correctly there was an option to just
say that you don't want the extra "security feature".
tesla sTinker
2017-08-13 23:27:43 UTC
It is part of the communism, google.
It is actual that it is big media.
They believe they can control you, and
which IP you do use, and will even go as far as
reading your computer name to use it in conjunction
with the IP numeral, to see who you are, before it
lets you log in to your account. Many then get the lets check
you shit from them, and what is your cell phone number.
To re apply you to your account.

In reality, many are locked out, dont have the same cell phone anymore,
so its not just you.
All because, gmail is an ass hole that does not comply
with the declaration of independence, not to mention,
the FCC not complying with its own specific laws, of freedom
of speech. Upon what they label as spam. What will happen, is the
entire system
will break down eventually, we are very much heading for it.
For its not just google thats doing this. Even the NYT does it.

And WE, shall continue to use a private network, no matter what they
want. In reality, what you need to do, is get your own website,
pay for it, then you will not have this problem for your email.
Everything changes when you get away from free email accounts.

But even sometimes, we even have to watch which Ip we are using, and set
the right IP numeral to go and check our own emails with. this is
common now, as no one can trace a private network, and what happens is,
spam firewalls block your ass, for no legitimate reasons. Just because
you use a private network. Most of their bull shit of wireshark, will
do not any good for those using a private network. They cannot be
traced. So, while they think they can get rich in their greed, what
happens is, God punishes them by the deletion of accounts because of
their own stupidity. But then again, God said he would do this.
And He is.
tesla sTinker
Mike Easter
2017-07-31 07:03:44 UTC
Post by TBirdUser
Went to new wifi hotspot.
Tried to log in and thought I was connected.
Opened TBird and got the master password prompt.
Typed the wrong password in.
All eMail accounts started reporting that they could not connect.
This glitch has a cascading effect that affects both Tb's behavior and
gmail's.
Post by TBirdUser
So I quit TBird and started over.
I Tried Fox and saw I had no internet connection either.
That is a different problem from the Tb mail issue.
Post by TBirdUser
Tried Pale Moon and got a free open log in button and clicked it.
Got to the internet finally.
Went back to TBird and entered correct password in Master Password.
All eMails account are now totally screwd.
The gmail security trigger means that you can't access your mail with Tb
until you comply with gmail's captcha security measure which you can't
do with Tb. It has to be done with a web browser.
Post by TBirdUser
TBir popup says to log into web page.
That is an improvement over just not working.
Post by TBirdUser
That means I will have to give out more personal data
No. That just means that it gives google a chance to appear to require
that you give it a cellphone number which is much desired by google
because that is a good way for lost password problems to be resolved
easily and automatically. But; you do not have to comply with the cell
number, but you have to have something to 'back up' your account. If
not a cellno, then an alternate email address.
Post by TBirdUser
ALL BECAUSE TBIRD messed with the eMail accounts !!!!
Total crap !!!!
Is there any fix ???
Because of what you say later, I would temporarily turn off the
automatic email fetching so that you can control it one account at a
time to save the confusion you describe later.

That automation is controlled in each account settings - server
settings. Temporarily turn off check for new messages at startup and
every xx minutes. After everything is OK you can turn that back on again.
Mike Easter
s|b
2017-07-31 18:02:21 UTC
Post by TBirdUser
All eMails account are now totally screwd.
TBir popup says to log into web page.
That means I will have to give out more personal data
ALL BECAUSE TBIRD messed with the eMail accounts !!!!
Total crap !!!!
This can't be good for your blood pressure or your life expectancy. I
suggest you dump TB and try another mailclient.
s|b
Paul
2017-07-31 19:18:19 UTC
Post by s|b
Post by TBirdUser
All eMails account are now totally screwd.
TBir popup says to log into web page.
That means I will have to give out more personal data
ALL BECAUSE TBIRD messed with the eMail accounts !!!!
Total crap !!!!
This can't be good for your blood pressure or your life expectancy. I
suggest you dump TB and try another mailclient.
Thunderbird 38 may have OAUTH2, for gmail. The developers
didn't really want to do that, but did it for the user
community. As the OAUTH2 web authentication method
doesn't stay in the "email domain" and is a kind of
architectural violation. But they couldn't be purists
about this, so implemented OAUTH2 support anyway.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1068409

And Thunderbird is actually a web browser. Ninety percent
of the source code, is a copy of Firefox ESR. They needed Firefox
source code, so Thunderbird could support HTML in email messages.
You can tell it's a web browser, when it throws a wobbly,
the screen turns yellow, and in black letters it mentions
not being able to parse some XML or something. That's the
browser engine (XUL.dll) doing that. The Thunderbird
developers are supposed to be changing to some other
method, but I don't recollect the details of that. The three
pane view in Thunderbird, is just a kind of web page.

I don't know whether the OP would consider updating to a
more recent version of Thunderbird, as it might have
the missing OAUTH2. But just in terms of basic behavior,
I've had it toss the password on me, when there is a
connectivity issue with the USENET server, so I have had
to enter the password a few times as a result. (Otherwise,
the password would remain cached.)

Paul
Ian Jackson
2017-08-01 20:08:50 UTC
In message <olnvi7$5m9$***@dont-email.me>, Paul <***@needed.invalid>
writes
Post by Paul
Post by s|b
Post by TBirdUser
[...]
I don't know if this is relevant.

I did a virgin installation of TB on a different PC (XP). I let it find
my existing Gmail account (which it did), and it also automatically
configured everything 'correctly'. However, I had this problem:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1159011
As suggested (near the end), changing the security settings of both
servers from OAuth2 to Normal Password fixed things.
--
Ian