Win 7 Pro MS Security Essentials
BillyJ
2018-04-02 22:44:11 UTC
What is going on with MS SE ?

It started asking me to send .EXE files that have been installed on my
PC for ages to MS for analysis ?

I declined since I know the files are benign. I wrote and compiled them
myself.

I do not immediately see where I can say to ignore in the MS SE popup.
Is there a way ?
Wolf K
2018-04-02 23:45:46 UTC
Post by BillyJ
What is going on with MS SE ?
It started asking me to send .EXE files that have been installed on my
PC for ages to MS for analysis ?
I declined since I know the files are benign. I wrote and compiled them
myself.
That's why. They don't have your program in their database. Obviously. :-)
Post by BillyJ
I do not immediately see where I can say to ignore in the MS SE popup.
Is there a way ?
Turn it off, replace it with another shield (but keep for occasional
scans, plus two or three others. No antimal/virus software finds everything.
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
weeks ago."
Good Guy
2018-04-03 00:46:37 UTC
Post by BillyJ
What is going on with MS SE ?
It started asking me to send .EXE files that have been installed on my
PC for ages to MS for analysis ?
I declined since I know the files are benign. I wrote and compiled
them myself.
I do not immediately see where I can say to ignore in the MS SE popup.
Is there a way ?
In Windows 10 the pop-up can be stopped as shown in this picture:

Post by BillyJ
Windows Defender software.
//https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/comprehensive-security/
Dominique
2018-04-03 23:09:56 UTC
https://i.imgur.com/Hvy7Xfb.png <https://i.imgur.com/Hvy7Xfb.png>
Post by BillyJ
Windows Defender software.
//https://www.microsoft.com/en-
gb/windows/comprehensive-security/
So useful. The OP talks about Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 7
not Windows Defender in Windows 10.
Good Guy
2018-04-04 00:02:30 UTC
Post by Dominique
So useful. The OP talks about Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 7
not Windows Defender in Windows 10.
It's the same thing in Windows. You must be French Frog?
Dominique
2018-04-05 01:37:14 UTC
Post by Dominique
Windows Defender software.
//https://www.microsoft.com/en-
gb/windows/comprehensive-security/
You're right I'm a Good Lovely French Frog, kiss me and I'll turn into a
Prince.

But now you've convinced me that you're just an idiot who think he is the
greatest but have no clue how to post an intelligent response without
including a ton of useless programming garbage with it's post/response.
Dominique
"its post/response"
tesla sTinker
Good Guy
2018-04-03 00:59:27 UTC
Post by BillyJ
What is going on with MS SE ?
It started asking me to send .EXE files that have been installed on my
PC for ages to MS for analysis ?
I declined since I know the files are benign. I wrote and compiled
them myself.
I do not immediately see where I can say to ignore in the MS SE popup.
Is there a way ?
This is Microsoft's Official Document about this:

<https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-defender-antivirus>