ICS, pick up internet over wifi, share over ethernet, possible?
Mike S
2017-06-02 02:05:59 UTC
I have a friend who is sharing her neighbor's wifi, will ICS share
internet from wifi over her LAN adapter? I was thinking of connecting
the laptop to the DVD player with ethernet so the television can pick up
the internet through the DVD player. Her TV is ancient and doesn't have
wifi.
Mike S
2017-06-02 02:35:47 UTC
Post by Mike S
I have a friend who is sharing her neighbor's wifi, will ICS share
internet from wifi over her LAN adapter? I was thinking of connecting
the laptop to the DVD player with ethernet so the television can pick up
the internet through the DVD player. Her TV is ancient and doesn't have
wifi.
I finally got access to the hardware, enabled ICS on the wifi, connected
a LAN cable from the laptop to the DVD player, problem solved.
Char Jackson
2017-06-15 16:52:37 UTC
Post by Mike S
Post by Mike S
I have a friend who is sharing her neighbor's wifi, will ICS share
internet from wifi over her LAN adapter? I was thinking of connecting
the laptop to the DVD player with ethernet so the television can pick up
the internet through the DVD player. Her TV is ancient and doesn't have
wifi.
I finally got access to the hardware, enabled ICS on the wifi, connected
a LAN cable from the laptop to the DVD player, problem solved.
One thing we learned from your experiment is that both the laptop and
the DVD player have Gigabit Ethernet ports. The DVD player surprises me.