O.T. Audio reset
2017-06-11 00:01:42 UTC
I suggest you follow this thread where I've forwarded it, in
alt.windows7.general .
I have a Dell XPS 8500, with Windows 7 Professional, SP1,
with Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes, Avast , Windows Defender
and Windows firewall.
(1) TB HD
Ram 12.0 GB
System type : 64-bit operating system
I also have
I have a Dell Optiplex 780 Tower, with Windows 7 Professional,
SP1, with Spywareblaster, Malwarebytes, Avast , Windows Defender
and Windows firewall.
Intel (R) Core 2 Duo 2.93 GHz
4GB RAM, 750 GB HD
System type : 64-bit operating system
and (external hard drives)
Seagate Backup Plus 1(TB) 2.5 USB Portable HD
WD BLACK SERIES WD2003FZEX 2TB 7200
RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal
Hard Drive
The issue I have is with the 8500.
Lately, I've noticed that every time
I logon I have to adjust the volume
again so I can hear it.
I don't remember it doing this before
and I haven't added or downloaded
anything and none of the scans have
picked up anything. Although recently
Avast blocked something while I was
on Fox News site. I ran a full scan
afterwards which found nothing.
I checked my devices and audio mixer
and everything looks fine. So how do
I correct this?
Thanks,
Robert

And Jonathan Harker would never have sent all those letters to his beloved
Mina from Transylvania, he'd have texted her instead. "Stuck in weird castle w
guy w big teeth. Missing u. xxxx (-:" - Alison Graham, RT 2015/11/7-13
Bill
2017-06-13 10:31:39 UTC
The issue I have is with the 8500.
Lately, I've noticed that every time
I logon I have to adjust the volume
again so I can hear it.
This may not apply to your Dell, but several of the types of laptop that
I deal with have the Microsoft mixers plus a separate set of audio
controls provided by the manufacturer of the audio system as part of the
driver.

Some of these interact fully with the Microsoft mixer, some less so.

I would trawl through the depths of Control Panel and also do a search
for any stand alone audio mixer applications to make absolutely sure you
have only one set of audio controls.
Bill
J. P. Gilliver (John)
2017-06-13 23:38:40 UTC
Post by Bill
The issue I have is with the 8500.
Lately, I've noticed that every time
I logon I have to adjust the volume
again so I can hear it.
I didn't post that. (Hope the below helped who did, though.)
Post by Bill
This may not apply to your Dell, but several of the types of laptop
that I deal with have the Microsoft mixers plus a separate set of audio
controls provided by the manufacturer of the audio system as part of
the driver.
Some of these interact fully with the Microsoft mixer, some less so.
I would trawl through the depths of Control Panel and also do a search
for any stand alone audio mixer applications to make absolutely sure
you have only one set of audio controls.

"If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the
law." - Winston Churchill.