IE not closing
rwwink
2017-06-15 11:04:45 UTC
I know someone asked before but why does IE not closeout the program
when you close the program? FX: open IF and navigate to some site,
use the red x in upper right to close IE. Short while later, try to
start IE again and it will not start until starting task manager and
stooping IE process.
Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be a PITA. Something
missing or what?
IE 11 Win7 X64
R. Wink

---
http://www.avg.com
Paul
2017-06-15 11:43:41 UTC
Post by rwwink
I know someone asked before but why does IE not closeout the program
when you close the program? FX: open IF and navigate to some site,
use the red x in upper right to close IE. Short while later, try to
start IE again and it will not start until starting task manager and
stooping IE process.
Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be a PITA. Something
missing or what?
IE 11 Win7 X64
R. Wink
In the last post here, it turned out to be an AV program issue.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/57cdf051-ea4d-42e7-a92e-ba4c9ce22901/iexplore-processes-not-ending-when-closing-ie11?forum=ieitprocurrentver

2017-06-15 21:09:32 UTC
Post by rwwink
I know someone asked before but why does IE not closeout the program
when you close the program? FX: open IF and navigate to some site,
use the red x in upper right to close IE. Short while later, try to
start IE again and it will not start until starting task manager and
stooping IE process.
Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be a PITA. Something
missing or what?
IE 11 Win7 X64
See my reply on 5/17 to charliec titled "IEv11 Freezes On Startup?".

One suggestion in that thread was to disable hardware acceleration (uses
the GPU which requires using the video driver that may not work well
with hardware acceleration used by web browsers).

Any add-ons you installed that crash will also take IE with it. So
disable or remove all add-ons to test the behavior of IE alone.
Post by rwwink
---
Not a valid signature delimiter line hence your post is spam. Avast
(who owns AVG) knows some Usenetizens strip out or hide signatures but
they want to make sure their spam gets seen. You become their spam
affiliate.
Post by rwwink
h**p:// www. avg. c*m
Configure your anti-virus program to NOT append is bogus signature which
is spam onto your posts. Disable the spam in the e-mail/news module, or
uninstall the superfluous e-mail/news scan module since it affords no
additional malware detection.
B00ze
2017-06-17 01:27:43 UTC
Post by rwwink
I know someone asked before but why does IE not closeout the program
when you close the program? FX: open IF and navigate to some site,
use the red x in upper right to close IE. Short while later, try to
start IE again and it will not start until starting task manager and
stooping IE process.
Doesn't happen all the time but enough to be a PITA. Something
missing or what?
IE 11 Win7 X64
R. Wink
In Win7 I have the problem of IE running in Task Manager after being
closed whenever I select to Start With Tabs From Last Session. However,
on my systems I can still start a new instance, it's just that the old
one keeps on running in the background.

Regards,
--
! _\|/_ Sylvain / ***@hotmail.com
! (o o) Member:David-Suzuki-Fdn/EFF/Red+Cross/SPCA/Planetary-Society