What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
Erholt Rhein
2018-03-26 23:28:23 UTC
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief? https://imgur.com/VUSYhBu

I have been recently wrapping the ends with the tie wire that comes with
the cable but I would like to know what you use as a USB cable strain
relief that works better. https://imgur.com/yjHLBYt
Alan Baker
2018-03-26 23:37:13 UTC
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief? https://imgur.com/VUSYhBu
I have been recently wrapping the ends with the tie wire that comes with
the cable but I would like to know what you use as a USB cable strain
relief that works better. https://imgur.com/yjHLBYt
This:

<https://sugru.com/>

Or this:

<https://www.versimold.com/>
Mike Easter
2018-03-26 23:51:30 UTC
Post by Alan Baker
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief? https://imgur.com/VUSYhBu
I have been recently wrapping the ends with the tie wire that comes with
the cable but I would like to know what you use as a USB cable strain
relief that works better.   https://imgur.com/yjHLBYt
<https://sugru.com/>
<https://www.versimold.com/>
Nice, but pricey stuff.
Mike Easter
nospam
2018-03-26 23:55:36 UTC
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief?
nothing, because i buy quality cables that don't need it.

and trollboi has a new nym...
B***@Onramp.net
2018-03-27 00:26:47 UTC
relief that works beter. https://imgur.com/yjHLBYt
I don't experience cable strain.
Jolly Roger
2018-03-27 00:31:10 UTC
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief? https://imgur.com/VUSYhBu
I have been recently wrapping the ends with the tie wire that comes with
the cable but I would like to know what you use as a USB cable strain
relief that works beter. https://imgur.com/yjHLBYt
I don't experience cable strain.
Same here, for many years. Some people mistreat their electronics. I
take good care of mine.

JR
Tyrone F. Horneigh
2018-03-27 00:51:00 UTC
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief? https://imgur.com/VUSYhBu
I have been recently wrapping the ends with the tie wire that comes with
the cable but I would like to know what you use as a USB cable strain
relief that works beter. https://imgur.com/yjHLBYt
I don't experience cable strain.
Same here, for many years. Some people mistreat their electronics. I
take good care of mine.
I've never had a USB cable fail. Ever.

They go from the charger to the phone/tablet/whatever. Or from a
laptop/desktop to the phone/tablet/whatever. Or from a laptop/desktop
to the USB external drive. Etc.

Where does the "strain" come from?
VanguardLH
2018-03-27 10:17:38 UTC
Post by B***@Onramp.net
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief? https://imgur.com/VUSYhBu
I don't experience cable strain.
The OP totally neglects the strain will still be experienced by the
port. You can get another cable. How many users abusing their cables
resulting in breaking the USB ports have the expertise to unsolder the
broken USB connector from a PCB to solder in a new one, or find just the
right snap-in USB port assembly to go into a case?

Someone wanting a strain relief on the cable neglects the strain is
still experienced by the port connector. A broken USB cable is easy to
replace. Hell, you should already have spares. Replacing a broken USB
port is beyond the expertise of the vast majority of consumers. In
fact, like fuse links, tis better the USB cable breaks before the
abusive user breaks the USB port.
Jolly Roger
2018-03-27 00:29:23 UTC
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you
Oh, look... "Ragnusen" has a new nym already. That was fast!

*plonk*

JR
Lewis
2018-03-27 06:50:42 UTC
Post by Jolly Roger
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you
Oh, look... "Ragnusen" has a new nym already. That was fast!
Yeah, seems she's several weeks early on this nym shift.
--
"He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others."
Samuel Johnson
Zaidy036
2018-03-28 21:08:54 UTC
Post by Erholt Rhein
What do you use as a USB cable strain relief? https://imgur.com/VUSYhBu
I have been recently wrapping the ends with the tie wire that comes with
the cable but I would like to know what you use as a USB cable strain
relief that works better. https://imgur.com/yjHLBYt
Ball point pen spring. Free after pen runs out of ink.
--
Zaidy036