CA Some yard details CP @ Soo ON c
2018-05-31 15:06:03 UTC
On 2018-05-31 10:53, Wolf K wrote:
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
kirkwood40.blogspot.com
Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and
what is right to do. Potter Stewart
Char Jackson
2018-05-31 19:28:18 UTC
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
2018-06-01 00:38:43 UTC
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Wolf K
2018-06-01 00:42:31 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Not that I expect an answer to that one. :-)
Char Jackson
2018-06-01 18:20:49 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Not that I expect an answer to that one. :-)
I did reply, but not precisely enough that anyone is going to stumble
by. :)

Not that I live up there. I just happened to own some land through a
series of events.
2018-06-01 18:19:00 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Near Timmins, ON, but when you tell people it's near Timmins they stare
blankly. At least people have heard of Sault Ste. Marie. :)
2018-06-02 00:59:47 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Near Timmins, ON, but when you tell people it's near Timmins they stare
blankly. At least people have heard of Sault Ste. Marie. :)
Timmins is actually further from Sault Ste Marie than either of them is
from Toronto. Ontario is b-i-i-i-g. :-)
Char Jackson
2018-06-02 23:30:29 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Near Timmins, ON, but when you tell people it's near Timmins they stare
blankly. At least people have heard of Sault Ste. Marie. :)
Timmins is actually further from Sault Ste Marie than either of them is
from Toronto. Ontario is b-i-i-i-g. :-)
No, I was answering your question about where my land is. Toronto is way
too far away to use as a landmark.
2018-06-02 23:35:58 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Near Timmins, ON, but when you tell people it's near Timmins they stare
blankly. At least people have heard of Sault Ste. Marie. :)
Timmins is actually further from Sault Ste Marie than either of them is
from Toronto. Ontario is b-i-i-i-g. :-)
No, I was answering your question about where my land is. Toronto is way
too far away to use as a landmark.
Well, I'd've said "about X miles north of Toronto..." But I'm from
Northern Ontario, which is about 2/3rds of the land area of Ontario. And
about 1/7th of the population.

:-)

PS: I'm about 550km north and west of Toronto. the Soo is another 150km
west.
Char Jackson
2018-06-03 00:34:45 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Near Timmins, ON, but when you tell people it's near Timmins they stare
blankly. At least people have heard of Sault Ste. Marie. :)
Timmins is actually further from Sault Ste Marie than either of them is
from Toronto. Ontario is b-i-i-i-g. :-)
No, I was answering your question about where my land is. Toronto is way
too far away to use as a landmark.
Well, I'd've said "about X miles north of Toronto..." But I'm from
Northern Ontario, which is about 2/3rds of the land area of Ontario. And
about 1/7th of the population.
:-)
PS: I'm about 550km north and west of Toronto.
Near Thunder Bay? I knew someone from there in the 1980s. Oh, Paul
Shaffer (musician) is from there, too, now that I think about it. I met
him and Will Lee as they were exiting the side door of the Ed Sullivan
Theater one day after a David Letterman taping.
Post by Wolf K
the Soo is another 150km west.
The SOO, as we called it, came through my home town well into the
1970's, but the train depot closed in about 1964 so after that the train
no longer stopped. As kids, we did all of the usual things. We raced the
train on our bicycles on the road that paralleled the track, we waved
frantically to the engineer and conductor until they waved back, and we
placed pennies on the track to marvel at how flat they became. Good
times.

That's if it's the same rail line. Maybe only the name is the same.
https://www.google.com/search?q=soo+railroad+map
2018-06-03 18:37:34 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Near Timmins, ON, but when you tell people it's near Timmins they stare
blankly. At least people have heard of Sault Ste. Marie. :)
Timmins is actually further from Sault Ste Marie than either of them is
from Toronto. Ontario is b-i-i-i-g. :-)
No, I was answering your question about where my land is. Toronto is way
too far away to use as a landmark.
Well, I'd've said "about X miles north of Toronto..." But I'm from
Northern Ontario, which is about 2/3rds of the land area of Ontario. And
about 1/7th of the population.
:-)
PS: I'm about 550km north and west of Toronto.
Near Thunder Bay?
Thunder Bay is about 830km (520 miles) north and west of us if you drive
the north of Superior route.

Post by Char Jackson
Shaffer (musician) is from there, too, now that I think about it. I met
him and Will Lee as they were exiting the side door of the Ed Sullivan
Theater one day after a David Letterman taping.
I recall a mention of Shaffer's hometown.
Post by Char Jackson
That's if it's the same rail line. Maybe only the name is the same.
https://www.google.com/search?q=soo+railroad+map
The Soo Line:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soo_Line_Railroad

Owned by Canadian Pacific, which part of it to Wisconsin Central (later
bought out by Canadian National). Some of the line has been abandoned,
including the branch into Sault Ste Marie, Michigan.

I live on the CPR line between Sudbury and Sault Ste Marie Ontario. Now
leased by Huron Central Railroad, one of Genesee & Wyoming's many
operating properties.
Char Jackson
2018-06-04 15:14:20 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
That's if it's the same rail line. Maybe only the name is the same.
https://www.google.com/search?q=soo+railroad+map
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soo_Line_Railroad
Yep, that's the same one that came through my town.
Post by Wolf K
Owned by Canadian Pacific, which part of it to Wisconsin Central (later
bought out by Canadian National). Some of the line has been abandoned,
including the branch into Sault Ste Marie, Michigan.
I live on the CPR line between Sudbury and Sault Ste Marie Ontario. Now
leased by Huron Central Railroad, one of Genesee & Wyoming's many
operating properties.
Cool :-) Thanks for the memories.
2018-06-02 23:36:35 UTC
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Wolf K
OOOPS! Sorry, mousing error. I _hope it won't happen again.
Sault Ste Marie? I own land up in that area.
Ontario or Michigan side?
Near Timmins, ON, but when you tell people it's near Timmins they stare
blankly. At least people have heard of Sault Ste. Marie. :)
Timmins is actually further from Sault Ste Marie than either of them is
from Toronto. Ontario is b-i-i-i-g. :-)
No, I was answering your question about where my land is. Toronto is way
too far away to use as a landmark.
PS: Thanks for the chat.