Copy Windows Drivers For PC
Add Reply
Bob L
2018-04-29 08:45:54 UTC
Applies to all windows versions.
Is there an app that will gather all pertinent drivers and copy to a
folder of choice ?
Seems like there should be since Macrium Reflect seems to be able to do
this when creating its rescue disk.
But I want the driver copied to a chosen folder.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/
mike
I'm a fan of double driver.
Shadow
2018-04-29 10:36:08 UTC
Post by mike
Applies to all windows versions.
Is there an app that will gather all pertinent drivers and copy to a
folder of choice ?
Seems like there should be since Macrium Reflect seems to be able to do
this when creating its rescue disk.
But I want the driver copied to a chosen folder.
I'm a fan of double driver.
+1 on Double Driver. Though I have had it fail on one or other
occasion. (missing sys or cat file).
I usually do 2 backups, one with Double Driver, and one with
Driver Magician before I format.
PS usually better than using the original installers, which
these days come bundled with crapware AKA adware/spyware - research
Nvidia (as an example) and how to stop it tracking you.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Bob J Jones
2018-04-29 21:00:07 UTC
Post by Shadow
+1 on Double Driver. Though I have had it fail on one or other
occasion. (missing sys or cat file).
None of the driver archival solutions saved my HP printer drivers, which
neither HP provides, nor which is on Windows 10 by default.

Windows 10 "printer OS update" will install them - but the driver backups
decidedly DO NOT archive them.

So you have to be careful, whomever asked the question, since printer
drivers appear to be completely DIFFERENT in huge ways from, say, the
Nvidia display drivers.

As far as I know, there is no known way to archive the HP printer drivers.
Charlie+
2018-04-30 06:54:53 UTC
On Sun, 29 Apr 2018 21:00:07 +0000 (UTC), Bob J Jones
Post by Bob J Jones
Post by Shadow
+1 on Double Driver. Though I have had it fail on one or other
occasion. (missing sys or cat file).
None of the driver archival solutions saved my HP printer drivers, which
neither HP provides, nor which is on Windows 10 by default.
Windows 10 "printer OS update" will install them - but the driver backups
decidedly DO NOT archive them.
So you have to be careful, whomever asked the question, since printer
drivers appear to be completely DIFFERENT in huge ways from, say, the
Nvidia display drivers.
As far as I know, there is no known way to archive the HP printer drivers.
+1 on Double Driver
HP's modern "drivers" now seem to be a whole suite of installation
crapware with the drivers unentangleable from the crap, so its not
surprising that DD cant get at the actual drivers, HP have done that
intentionally! I avoid HP stuff. C+

Mike S
2018-04-29 09:15:44 UTC
Post by Bob L
Applies to all windows versions.
Is there an app that will gather all pertinent drivers and copy to a
folder of choice ?
Seems like there should be since Macrium Reflect seems to be able to do
this when creating its rescue disk.
But I want the driver copied to a chosen folder.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/
I've used this before.
https://double-driver.en.softonic.com/