Sysinternals Help
Add Reply
XPHelp
2017-06-08 00:19:25 UTC
MS Sysinternals has some powerful tools.
The one I need right now is the boot monitor that is part of Process
Monitor (Enable Boot Log).
But it does not seem to work. I have the latest version of Process Monitor.

Based on readings I think I need an older version.
Some of the docs at the Sysinternal web site do say that they only work
on such and such but I cannot find a definitive list for all of those
Sysinternal apps.

So what version do I need for what Windows version and where can I find it?

Does MS have a cross reference table showing the following or how does
one determine what is needed.

What version of any of the SysInternals apps works on what version of
Windows ?

For example, what version of Process Monitor will work on Win Xp Pro ?
This is a most urgent need.
Paul
2017-06-08 00:40:46 UTC
Post by XPHelp
MS Sysinternals has some powerful tools.
The one I need right now is the boot monitor that is part of Process
Monitor (Enable Boot Log).
But it does not seem to work. I have the latest version of Process Monitor.
Based on readings I think I need an older version.
Some of the docs at the Sysinternal web site do say that they only work
on such and such but I cannot find a definitive list for all of those
Sysinternal apps.
So what version do I need for what Windows version and where can I find it?
Does MS have a cross reference table showing the following or how does
one determine what is needed.
What version of any of the SysInternals apps works on what version of
Windows ?
For example, what version of Process Monitor will work on Win Xp Pro ?
This is a most urgent need.
This is 3.1

https://web.archive.org/web/20150502064835/https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

This is 3.2 (current)

Notice the URL format is different.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor

*******

If you need to go back further in time, try:

https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645

In each case, check the supported OS information, for what
OSes the program supports.

Paul
XPHelp
2017-06-08 14:42:25 UTC
Thanks for the way in.
I will see what I can find here.
It will take me a day or two.
I am slow.
Shadow
2017-06-08 16:52:48 UTC
Post by XPHelp
[...]
Current Process Monitor v3.33 does not work on XP

v3.2 does (at least on my machine). But the link in wayback errors
(blob not found)

I downloaded my XP compatible SysinternalsSuite on 29th June
2016, according to my DL manager logs, FWIW. have not tested all the
utils though.
[]'s
https://web.archive.org/web/*/https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645
In each case, check the supported OS information, for what
OSes the program supports.
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Monty
2017-06-08 01:51:05 UTC
Post by XPHelp
MS Sysinternals has some powerful tools.
The one I need right now is the boot monitor that is part of Process
Monitor (Enable Boot Log).
But it does not seem to work. I have the latest version of Process Monitor.
Based on readings I think I need an older version.
Some of the docs at the Sysinternal web site do say that they only work
on such and such but I cannot find a definitive list for all of those
Sysinternal apps.
So what version do I need for what Windows version and where can I find it?
Does MS have a cross reference table showing the following or how does
one determine what is needed.
What version of any of the SysInternals apps works on what version of
Windows ?
For example, what version of Process Monitor will work on Win Xp Pro ?
This is a most urgent need.
I have Procmon version 3.05, dated 2013-05-31.

The Help file introduction reads:

Process Monitor
Copyright © 1996-2010 Mark Russinovich and Bryce Cogswell
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

Process Monitor is an advanced monitoring tool for Windows that shows
real-time file system, Registry and process/thread activity. It
combines the features of two legacy Sysinternals utilities, Filemon
and Regmon, and adds an extensive list of enhancements including rich
and non-destructive filtering, comprehensive event properties such
session IDs and user names, reliable process information, full thread
stacks with integrated symbol support for each operation, simultaneous
logging to a file, and much more. Its uniquely powerful features will
make Process Monitor a core utility in your system troubleshooting and
malware hunting toolkit.

Process Monitor runs on Windows XP SP2, Windows Server 2003 SP1, and
Windows Vista as well as x64 versions of Windows XP, Windows Server
2003 and Windows Vista.

I have uploaded procmon.chm and procmon.exe to Mediafire.

The chm file URL is at https://www.mediafire.com/?n27z8pkca3dvc7h

The exe file URL is at https://www.mediafire.com/?jzdrrzygx7779va

HTH,