OT- Pirating video games
Add Reply
pjp
2018-03-31 03:49:15 UTC
Well every once and awhile I feel guilty playing some video game I
haven't payed for.

AND THEN THIS HAPPENS

I payed for an old Agent Under Fire for original Xbox. I have tried now
over a dozen times and simply cannot make it thru even the first
introductory level. There's no way to save so it's start over again and
again and ...

So the game isn't even worth a $1.00 to me. This is far from the first
game I've had simiular issues with games and idiotic designs for saving
and continuing etc..

Yea, I agree I suck at playing console games ... so what? Shouldn't I
still be able to get some enjoyment out of them. Why can't they keep
making the AI stupider and stupider as you continue to die so at least
you do end up being able to "see" the entire game.

I'm still waiting for my refund for Final Fantasy VII I've never
successfully been able to run on any pc.
JJ
2018-03-31 11:40:54 UTC
Post by pjp
Yea, I agree I suck at playing console games ... so what? Shouldn't I
still be able to get some enjoyment out of them. Why can't they keep
making the AI stupider and stupider as you continue to die so at least
you do end up being able to "see" the entire game.
For old games which I couldn't manage to complete, or for nostalgic purpose,
mostly for adventure games, I just watch the game "playthrough" video on
YouTube, if there's one. I find it pretty enjoyable. No frustration at all.
Big Al
2018-03-31 12:16:46 UTC
Post by JJ
Post by pjp
Yea, I agree I suck at playing console games ... so what? Shouldn't I
still be able to get some enjoyment out of them. Why can't they keep
making the AI stupider and stupider as you continue to die so at least
you do end up being able to "see" the entire game.
For old games which I couldn't manage to complete, or for nostalgic purpose,
mostly for adventure games, I just watch the game "playthrough" video on
YouTube, if there's one. I find it pretty enjoyable. No frustration at all.
And there are probably cheats on line too. I used to (cough cough) yrs
ago play Dune and Quake. I had to resort to finding those 'how to'
answers. Even if my 12 year old could do it and he'd show me, but he
was way to quick, which comes back to the OP's problem, "I suck" too.
Char Jackson
2018-03-31 16:56:24 UTC
Post by Big Al
Post by JJ
Post by pjp
Yea, I agree I suck at playing console games ... so what? Shouldn't I
still be able to get some enjoyment out of them. Why can't they keep
making the AI stupider and stupider as you continue to die so at least
you do end up being able to "see" the entire game.
For old games which I couldn't manage to complete, or for nostalgic purpose,
mostly for adventure games, I just watch the game "playthrough" video on
YouTube, if there's one. I find it pretty enjoyable. No frustration at all.
And there are probably cheats on line too. I used to (cough cough) yrs
ago play Dune and Quake. I had to resort to finding those 'how to'
answers. Even if my 12 year old could do it and he'd show me, but he
was way to quick, which comes back to the OP's problem, "I suck" too.
The last two games I played were Lemmings and Sim City. Sim City had a
cheat where you could add $10K to your bank account. Keep doing that
until you can afford to build an airport and a sports stadium. Pretty
soon, demand for housing increases, followed by demand for more retail,
and of course more demand for industrial areas. How about a second
airport on the other side of the city? ;-)
Big Al
2018-03-31 17:15:13 UTC
Post by Big Al
Post by JJ
Post by pjp
[...]
Dang, I forgot about Sim City. I always thought that was a fun game.
I found lemmings again once maybe just a few years ago. Yep! Just as
dull as it was then. Fun, but....
JJ
2018-04-01 05:39:36 UTC
Post by Big Al
Post by Char Jackson
Post by Big Al
Post by JJ
Post by pjp
[...]
Always end up destroying your own city? >:-D