USB 3.0 B Type Male to USB3.0 Motherboard 20pin Header Adapter Cable
2017-09-06 05:16:38 UTC
Hi All,

I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#

I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.

Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?

-T
Paul in Houston TX
2017-09-06 05:32:00 UTC
Post by T
Hi All,
I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#
I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.
Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?
-T
Ebay.
"usb3 cable, type B, 20 pin"
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=usb3+cable,+type+B&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xusb3+cable,+type+B,+20+pin.TRS0&_nkw=usb3+cable,+type+B,+20+pin&_sacat=0
2017-09-06 05:44:12 UTC
Post by Paul in Houston TX
Post by T
Hi All,
I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#
I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.
Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?
-T
Ebay.
"usb3 cable, type B, 20 pin"
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=usb3+cable,+type+B&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xusb3+cable,+type+B,+20+pin.TRS0&_nkw=usb3+cable,+type+B,+20+pin&_sacat=0
I looked at ebay till my eyes almost popped out!

There it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-Mainboard-20pin-Female-to-Daul-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-cable-For-Printer-/232285522761?hash=item36154bcb49:g:rUQAAOSwSlBY2iur

Oh great. It is from the UK. Four weeks in shipping.
(I order my tea from the UK and it takes forever.)

I can jury rig it till then.

Thank you!
Chris S
http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-inch-USB-3-0-20-Pin-Motherboard-Female-to-2-Type-A-Female-Connectors-Y-Cable-/280836761282?hash=item41632ce6c2:g:gbwAAOSwezVWzkG9
Paul
2017-09-08 02:32:10 UTC
Post by Chris S
Post by T
Post by Paul in Houston TX
Post by T
[...]
No, I think he is looking for a dual Type-B, rather than a dual Type-A.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-3-0-Mainboard-20pin-Female-to-Daul-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-cable-For-Printer-/232285522761

There are some products that mount inside a computer case with Type-B.
This product mentions an Atech device with that connector on the back.
I don't know if this item would be fulfilled any faster than the UK
item or not.

https://www.amazon.com/Atech-CBL-20A-Internal-standard-connection/dp/B009KLQNTW

*******

This is an example of an internal tray device, with dual Type-B on the back,
uniquely suited to that cable. From a hardware perspective, the device
doesn't really need two connectors, but it saves a chip on their PCB
if they do it this way. I think (possibly) one Type-B powers USB3
connectors on the faceplate, while the second Type-B is wasted
to run a USB2 card reader chip. They were careful to keep promotional
photos on a oblique angle, so I cannot analyze it further.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820176023

That product (AFT PRO-57U) is no longer made, but that's an example of
something with dual Type-B.

I have a couple disk enclosures with Type-B on the back,
but they're meant for usage outside the PC. And come with their
own Type-A to Type-B cabling.

Paul
2017-09-09 02:04:16 UTC
Post by T
Hi All,
I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#
I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.
Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?
-T
Just found this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KLQNTW

But is is 1 meter long
Rene Lamontagne
2017-09-09 02:43:17 UTC
Post by T
Post by T
Hi All,
I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#
I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.
Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?
-T
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KLQNTW
But is is 1 meter long
Being an internal cable and from what I can see I would venture about 18
to 20 inches. I found a similar reference at 50 centimeter wich is about
20 inches.

Rene
2017-09-09 03:19:04 UTC
Post by Rene Lamontagne
Post by T
Post by T
Hi All,
I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#
I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.
Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?
-T
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KLQNTW
But is is 1 meter long
Being an internal cable and from what I can see I would venture about 18
to 20 inches. I found a similar reference at 50 centimeter wich is about
20 inches.
Rene
The question phase on Amazon confirms it is a meter.

Also, their direct web page says it is a meter:
https://www.atechflash.com/u3cbl20a

Must think we have YUGE cases!
Paul in Houston TX
2017-09-09 03:00:57 UTC
Post by T
Post by T
Hi All,
I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#
I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.
Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?
-T
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KLQNTW
But is is 1 meter long
Coiled up inside a box with tons of RF...
Even with good USB 3 shielding it may make a good transformer.
2017-09-09 03:21:27 UTC
Post by Paul in Houston TX
Post by T
Post by T
Hi All,
I have been googling off and on all day looking for one of
these with a straight (not right angle) type-b connector.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/90-Degree-Left-angled-USB-3-0-B-Type-Male-to-USB3-0-Motherboard-20pin-Header/32805020363.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.4b24ae2bAIVdfn#
I can use two adapter cables to get this, but I prefer one.
Any one have a good source for weird USB3 cables?
-T
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009KLQNTW
But is is 1 meter long
Coiled up inside a box with tons of RF...
Even with good USB 3 shielding it may make a good transformer.
Boy you called that!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Near_and_far_field

I use to do that kind of stuff years ago when I worked
in Aerospace

Those guys must think we have YUGE cases!