OT: extra power supplies
2017-08-11 19:24:58 UTC
Hi All,

Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?

-T
Big Al
The obvious is Ebay.
2017-08-11 19:32:04 UTC
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
Paul in Houston TX
I buy stuff from there all the time but have never sold anything.
pjp
2017-08-11 22:52:14 UTC
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
Kajiji, stays local usually that way. My preferred 2nd hand supply
chain. Not so sure about new though :)
Paul
2017-08-11 23:16:11 UTC
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
I have two computer recyclers in town, as well as
a computer store that sells components that were
on consignment.

For example, the DVD drive I bought from them, was
"spares" at a radio station. The radio station had
a small IT department of sorts, and their
parts box was for sale, a piece at a time. I got a
nice IDE DVD drive that way (which can be used
on older systems here that only have crummy CD drives).
I thought I would never find another (mint) IDE DVD drive,
but they had one.

You're not allowed upstairs in the place, to look
at their stock. You ask "do you have X" ? The salesman
will pause for a moment, and may actually have to run
upstairs to see if any are left. You have no idea what
you're going to get (although you can walk away if
it doesn't suit your needs). It's inconvenient not being able
to see the stuff, but if you want an item bad enough,
it's worth driving over to check.

At one time, some of the stock was out front, and that's how
I got my "$20 computer speakers". It's a lot easier to make
an impulse buy, if you can see it.

So that's the kind of place I might approach about moving
a small qty of ATX supplies.

Paul
Diesel
2017-08-18 04:17:33 UTC
Paul <***@needed.invalid> news:omldju$ppc$***@dont-email.me Fri, 11 Aug
2017 23:16:11 GMT in alt.windows7.general, wrote:

:) I actually acquired a new to me box from a computer repair place I
used to work for. $50 dollars. Intel Dual Core 2 E8600 3.33ghz (6megs l2
cache), 4gigs ram, Gigabyte X48-DQ6, Nvidia GeForce 9500GT, WD 500gig
SATA HD, SATA LG DVD burner. Came with a legit copy of Windows 7. I saved
the product key and loaded Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa - KDE edition with all
the trimmings. heh. I couldn't build it for what he charged me for it.
Post by Paul
So that's the kind of place I might approach about moving
a small qty of ATX supplies.
Not a bad suggestion. I think I'd check with the place I used to work for
if I had some inventory to unload at a reasonable price. I'd likely make
it very reasonable for them, due to their generous price on that box and
the other one I bought off them a few months ago.

Use your MasterCard to pay your Visa bill.
Paul in Houston TX
2017-08-11 23:36:10 UTC
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
Reading Paul's post made me think of shipping costs.
Those p/s's are heavy. Probably at least $15 in UPS shipping.
I've found FedEx to be about 25% to 50% cheaper than UPS lately.
Diesel
2017-08-18 04:17:34 UTC
Paul in Houston TX <***@Houston.Texas> news:omleq4$s00$***@dont-
email.me Fri, 11 Aug 2017 23:36:10 GMT in alt.windows7.general,
Post by Paul in Houston TX
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
Reading Paul's post made me think of shipping costs.
Those p/s's are heavy. Probably at least $15 in UPS shipping.
I've found FedEx to be about 25% to 50% cheaper than UPS lately.
That's why you opt for flatrate shipping. If it'll fit in the boxes,
it ships, regardless of weight. Would require multiple boxes to ship
that many out, but, something to consider.
http://picpaste.com/B4rjEFK0.jpg - David and Trisha
http://picpaste.com/U5np7XvN.jpg - RIAA love David style

Birds are trapped by their feet, people by their tongues.
Paul in Houston TX
2017-08-18 05:00:42 UTC
Post by Paul in Houston TX
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
Reading Paul's post made me think of shipping costs.
Those p/s's are heavy. Probably at least $15 in UPS shipping.
I've found FedEx to be about 25% to 50% cheaper than UPS lately.
That's why you opt for flatrate shipping. If it'll fit in the boxes,
it ships, regardless of weight. Would require multiple boxes to ship
that many out, but, something to consider.
Thanks! Making note.

2017-08-11 23:38:28 UTC
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
eBay has a wonderful "valet" service for selling things.
Problem: it required a "PayPal" account. You know the
account that gets hacked about three times a year.
Not going to happen. Bummer.
Paul in Houston TX
2017-08-12 01:11:35 UTC
Post by T
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
eBay has a wonderful "valet" service for selling things.
Problem: it required a "PayPal" account. You know the
account that gets hacked about three times a year.
Not going to happen. Bummer.
Matter of opinion I guess. I try to always use Paypal and not
a credit card. Never had PP hacked, lost, or stolen like a CC.
I keep a small amt in there to buy small things.
When I need more money there I xfer it as needed.
Maybe I just have an attitude
Diesel
2017-08-18 04:17:35 UTC
Post by T
Post by Paul in Houston TX
Post by T
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
eBay has a wonderful "valet" service for selling things.
Problem: it required a "PayPal" account. You know the
account that gets hacked about three times a year.
Not going to happen. Bummer.
Matter of opinion I guess. I try to always use Paypal and not
a credit card. Never had PP hacked, lost, or stolen like a CC.
I keep a small amt in there to buy small things.
When I need more money there I xfer it as needed.
Maybe I just have an attitude
I can't find my calendar! :( If I could, I'd circle this date with a
wide tip sharpie! ROFL - A real calendar mind you. I'm not about to
screw up one of these flatpanels. hehehe

Useless Invention: Particle board tent stakes.
Ken Blake
2017-08-12 15:00:32 UTC
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 20:11:35 -0500, Paul in Houston TX
Post by Paul in Houston TX
Post by T
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
eBay has a wonderful "valet" service for selling things.
Problem: it required a "PayPal" account. You know the
account that gets hacked about three times a year.
Not going to happen. Bummer.
Matter of opinion I guess. I try to always use Paypal and not
a credit card. Never had PP hacked, lost, or stolen like a CC.
I keep a small amt in there to buy small things.
When I need more money there I xfer it as needed.
I've used PayPal a few times, but not often. I've never had a problem
with it either.

But I use a credit card for almost everything. I've never a problem
with any credit cards either, and I've been using them for many
years--a lot longer than PayPal. I also almost never use cash or
checks for anything. I prefer credit cards for basically two reasons:

1. I get airline mileage for every dollar I spend.

2. If a fraudulent charge is made, a quick call to the credit card
company fixes it at no cost to me.

And let me add another point: I don't use credit cards for credit. I
buy only what I can afford to buy, and I pay the balance in full each
month. I've never paid a penny in credit card interest.
Char Jackson
2017-08-12 17:43:23 UTC
Post by Ken Blake
I've used PayPal a few times, but not often. I've never had a problem
with it either.
But I use a credit card for almost everything. I've never a problem
with any credit cards either, and I've been using them for many
years--a lot longer than PayPal. I also almost never use cash or
1. I get airline mileage for every dollar I spend.
2. If a fraudulent charge is made, a quick call to the credit card
company fixes it at no cost to me.
And let me add another point: I don't use credit cards for credit. I
buy only what I can afford to buy, and I pay the balance in full each
month. I've never paid a penny in credit card interest.
A strong ditto to all of that, especially always paying the balance in
full so as not to pay any interest, except that I've been the victim of
CC fraud quite a few times in recent years*, ever since I've started
traveling every week for work. Like you said, though, it's absolutely
not a problem because the CC folks just shut off the card and send a new
one. Rather than overnight the new card to wherever I'm at, I have them
send it to the house and I use a secondary card until I get home the
following weekend.

*Probably 15-20 times in the last 5 1/2 years, but it's something that
is completely free of all drama. Sometimes I notice first, other times
the CC company notices first, but it's always handled within a few
minutes and completely without stress. I wouldn't be able to say that if
I were unfortunate enough to be using debit cards instead of credit
cards. I always feel badly for people who don't know the difference
between those two.
Diesel
2017-08-18 04:17:35 UTC
On Sat, 12 Aug 2017 08:00:32 -0700, Ken Blake
Post by Ken Blake
[...]
Ayep. it's protocol. Unless you specify you don't want the card
shutdown for a specific reason. Then, your account is noted that
fraud is occuring will continue to monitor the charges so they know
which ones you did make (or claimed to) and which ones you didn't (or
claimed not to)
*Probably 15-20 times in the last 5 1/2 years, but it's something
that is completely free of all drama. Sometimes I notice first,
other times the CC company notices first, but it's always handled
within a few minutes and completely without stress. I wouldn't be
able to say that if I were unfortunate enough to be using debit
cards instead of credit cards. I always feel badly for people who
don't know the difference between those two.
Depending on your bank, if it's a bank issued debit card, protection
can come very close to that of a cc card.

Subdominant: Chief officer aboard a submarine.
Diesel
2017-08-18 04:17:35 UTC
Post by T
Post by T
Post by Big Al
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
The obvious is Ebay.
Never been a fan of eBay, but I may have to change
my attitude
eBay has a wonderful "valet" service for selling things.
Problem: it required a "PayPal" account. You know the
account that gets hacked about three times a year.
Not going to happen. Bummer.
I haven't done ebay sales in years. I've still got my old platinum
paypal card around here someplace. Every so often, I'll purchase
something with it on ebay though. I use a debit card to load it
that's also a reloadable one; so it's a secondary buffer. In the
event my paypal account is compromised, whatever funds are in it plus
whatevers on the card isn't going to be worth the trouble for them. I
load the card that loads it when I intend to make a purchase.

When I worked for a certain very big and horrible bank, They taught
us all the tricks of the trade for screwing the bank and merchants. I
was in the fraud dept, so, that's why they shared the nitty gritty
with us. To be able to properly detect it, etc. In the training they
even told us, quite frankly, what you'll learn here can be used to
screw people over; infact some people have applied for and gotten
this job for that purpose. But, if we don't teach you how it's done,
you won't know and that won't allow you to serve the department you
work in to your fullest potential.

Which was ironic on the face of it, my former background provided me
with most of the information they shared. They filled in a few blanks
for me. LOL.

Good Guy
2017-08-11 19:38:35 UTC
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
Amazon?
--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
Diesel
2017-08-18 04:17:34 UTC
Post by T
Hi All,
Anyone know where I can sell of 19 excess
new ATX power supplies so I can get them out
of inventory?
-T
Hmm. Without being too nosy, if that's excess, just how many do you
keep on hand normally? :)

I don't think we kept more than 20-25 total at any of the shops I
worked for. I don't tend to keep many on hand myself, either. If I need
one and I don't happen to have one in stock, I'll drop by a particular
shop I used to work for. Despite no longer working for them, they cut
me good breaks on component costs. Not that they have a high markup in
the first place, mind you.

If you have a good relationship with a local shop in your area, you
might see about working something out with them. You could unload your
excess inventory and they'd put it to good use.
http://picpaste.com/B4rjEFK0.jpg - David and Trisha
http://picpaste.com/U5np7XvN.jpg - RIAA love David style

"One dies in Istanbul suicide attack"