Using insert key to paste
Add Reply
swalker
2017-05-27 03:05:24 UTC
I have 2 users on my computer and on 1 user I can copy something from
a web page and copy it into an email using the insert key instead of
right click/paste.

I find it handy at times.

I seem to vaguely remember that I chose an option somewhere to make
this work but I have no idea where. As it only works between Fire Fox
and Outlook it would be natural to assume that the option for this
feature is somewhere in one of those programs but for the life of me I
can't find out where.

I did a goggle search and there are ways to make this happen but none
of them is something I would have tried.

Anybody have a clue.

Thanks

Jim
JJ
2017-05-27 08:22:37 UTC
Post by swalker
I have 2 users on my computer and on 1 user I can copy something from
a web page and copy it into an email using the insert key instead of
right click/paste.
I find it handy at times.
I seem to vaguely remember that I chose an option somewhere to make
this work but I have no idea where. As it only works between Fire Fox
and Outlook it would be natural to assume that the option for this
feature is somewhere in one of those programs but for the life of me I
can't find out where.
I did a goggle search and there are ways to make this happen but none
of them is something I would have tried.
Anybody have a clue.
Thanks
Jim
The alternative keyboard shortcuts for Cut, Copy, and Paste are:

Cut = SHIFT+DEL
Copy = CTRL+INSERT
Paste = SHIFT+INSERT

These are Windows built-in shortcuts. They require no setting in order to
work.
Good Guy
2017-05-29 04:38:19 UTC
Post by JJ
Cut = SHIFT+DEL
Copy = CTRL+INSERT
Paste = SHIFT+INSERT
These are Windows built-in shortcuts. They require no setting in order to
work.
The OP can change these shortcut keys by going to the Options panel of
the Application. He/She didn't say anything about the version but In
Word 2007 he could go to:

Outlook should have its own options but in the absence of any particular
version, it is futile to say anything useful here.
--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
tesla sTinker
Jim
swalker
2017-07-31 22:00:43 UTC
On Fri, 26 May 2017 22:05:24 -0500, swalker <***@newsguy.com> wrote:

Finally found the answer.

Outlook/ Options/ Mail/ Editor Options/ Advanced/ Cut, Copy, and
Paste/ Use the insert key to paste.

Don't know why I didn't find it the 10 or so times I looked through
Jim
Good Guy
2017-08-01 00:29:47 UTC
Post by swalker
Don't know why I didn't find it the 10 or so times I looked through
Options.
It could be because your eye sight is getting "old" or that you weren't
concentrating when looking. Always a good idea ot ask a friend to have
a second look at something you can't see when people are telling you it
is there.

Why did it take you all this time to post back? The original post was
in May 2017 but it took you a heck of a long time to find the settings.
Is it because something is serious wrong with you?
--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer
swalker
2017-08-01 23:00:59 UTC
Post by Good Guy
Post by swalker
Don't know why I didn't find it the 10 or so times I looked through
Options.
It could be because your eye sight is getting "old" or that you weren't
concentrating when looking. Always a good idea ot ask a friend to have
a second look at something you can't see when people are telling you it
is there.
Why did it take you all this time to post back? The original post was
in May 2017 but it took you a heck of a long time to find the settings.
Is it because something is serious wrong with you?
I followed rule #14

If at first or second or third you don't succeed then quit.