My new (old) Lenovo
Mario'sBrother
2018-03-17 20:58:42 UTC
Lenovo Running Win XP Pro.

I have two.
#1 is doing everything OK.

#2 cannot see the LAN printers or other PCs on the LAN.
But it can see the LAN NASes, both of them and it can get to the internet.

And it can send this post.

Why can't it see the printers or other PCs ?
What to do ?
pjp
2018-03-17 21:39:42 UTC
Lenovo Running Win XP Pro.
I have two.
Are you sharing things on the other pcs?
Mario'sBrother
2018-03-17 22:00:31 UTC
yes. other PCs see the other PCs
pjp
2018-03-17 23:47:02 UTC
Post by Mario'sBrother
yes. other PCs see the other PCs
Well all I can add is that I run 9 pcs ethernetted together using a
combination of routers and switches with two wi-fi access points
included. Everything including the additional two modded xboxs, xbox360,
ps2 and Wii (and kids laptops, Gameboys etc. when they visit) also have
no issues including ftp'ing into the modded xboxs. The pcs are running a
mix of XP. Vista and Win7.

It all works EXCEPT if one specific Win7 pc is Master Browser then one
specific XP pc cannot see it. Just the one way and everything else on
the network stays fine.

I insure that specific Win7 pc is not the Master Browser is the only
work around I could find to stop the issue.
Plumber's Putty
2018-03-22 09:00:00 UTC
Lenovo Running Win XP Pro.
I have two.
#1 is doing everything OK.
#2 cannot see the LAN printers or other PCs on the LAN.
But it can see the LAN NASes, both of them and it can get to the internet.
And it can send this post.
Why can't it see the printers or other PCs ?
What to do ?
If the computer is running Win XP Pro, try asking in the Win XP
newsgroup microsoft.public.windowsxp.general which is active.

On your #2 computer, perhaps the Windows XP network settings or the
computer's firewall settings are configured for a PC that would be
connected directly to the Internet instead of via a home network.
If it is the Windows XP network settings, you may get better help in
the Windows XP newsgroup. If it is the computer's firewall settings,
does your firewall software have a support forum?