windwos 7 question
Bill Cunningham
2018-06-10 18:13:53 UTC
I have just started using win7 ultimate. I like the cions set at medium.
Can I do this once and set every folder that way? I get tired of doing it
going into every folder.
Auric__
2018-06-10 18:33:10 UTC
Post by Bill Cunningham
I have just started using win7 ultimate. I like the cions set at medium.
Can I do this once and set every folder that way? I get tired of doing it
going into every folder.
Set any folder the way you want it, then open the folder options (Alt+T,
Folder options...) and in the View tab click Apply to Folders.
I have no idea what you just said.
Paul in Houston TX
2018-06-10 18:44:46 UTC
Post by Bill Cunningham
I have just started using win7 ultimate. I like the cions set at medium.
Can I do this once and set every folder that way? I get tired of doing it
going into every folder.
It can be done but I use Classic Shell / Classic Start Menu / Classic Explorer
so the method may differ slightly from yours:

Open windows explorer to C drive.
Click View.
Choose Medium Icons (assumes you do not already have them set to medium).
Click Tools.
Click View.
Click Apply to Folders.

BTW, I bet you would like Classic Shell for Win 7:
http://www.classicshell.net/
Bill Cunningham
2018-06-11 18:09:27 UTC
Post by Paul in Houston TX
http://www.classicshell.net/
Ok. I see. I would like to be able to download to the c: partition too. I
don't like that setup when you always have to go to the downloads folder
and copy to root. I am the only one who uses this machine.

Bill
Paul in Houston TX
2018-06-11 18:26:31 UTC
Post by Bill Cunningham
Post by Paul in Houston TX
http://www.classicshell.net/
Ok. I see. I would like to be able to download to the c: partition too. I
don't like that setup when you always have to go to the downloads folder
and copy to root. I am the only one who uses this machine.
Bill
Download to where ever you want the download to end up is a function of the
software that you use to download with, and is not a function of Win Explorer.
Paul
2018-06-11 19:09:43 UTC
Post by Bill Cunningham
Post by Paul in Houston TX
http://www.classicshell.net/
Ok. I see. I would like to be able to download to the c: partition too. I
don't like that setup when you always have to go to the downloads folder
and copy to root. I am the only one who uses this machine.
Bill
You should not copy directly to C: .

For example, don't expect a browser to copy as C:\some.file .
That's considered illegal, and could cause the browser to abort.

The root of C: is supposed to be protected on modern
Windows. That's to prevent malware from affecting any
files remotely related to booting that happen to be
in the root of C: .

The browser has a Preferences panel (or a hamburger symbol
for getting there), and one of the elements in the Preferences
should be a place to define a Downloads location.

You can, for example, create C:\Downloads and
use that value in the browser Preferences, and it
will work.

What's not supposed to be allowed, is dumping directly
into C: itself.

Paul
Bill Cunningham
2018-06-12 17:46:15 UTC
Paul <***@needed.invalid> wrote in news:pfmhdl$gdh$***@dont-email.me:

[...]
Post by Paul
What's not supposed to be allowed, is dumping directly
into C: itself.
Paul
Maybe I am to used to XP. My old machine keep restarting when I turned it
on. So I got a newer machine.