Download Speed Miserable, then A-OK following PC reboot?
Add Reply
(PeteCresswell)
2018-06-05 14:30:03 UTC
This has been going on for several weeks: download speed on my mail client
and everything else I try is terrible - as in glacially slow.

Then I reboot the PC - just the PC, nothing else - and speeds return to
normal.

The weird part is that SpeedTest.net's numbers are about the same both before
and after.

So it's got to be something going South in my OS, right?

But what?
Pete Cresswell
The Real GLOBALIST
Maybe your NIC is dying.
Diesel
2018-06-09 03:59:46 UTC
Post by (PeteCresswell)
This has been going on for several weeks: download speed on my
mail client and everything else I try is terrible - as in
glacially slow.
Then I reboot the PC - just the PC, nothing else - and speeds
return to normal.
The weird part is that SpeedTest.net's numbers are about the same
both before and after.
So it's got to be something going South in my OS, right?
But what?
Hmm. More information is required to try and assist you further.

Have you changed your NIC drivers? Do you have more than one
computer? When the download speed? on your email client starts to get
slow, have you tried pinging any sites to see how much/if any packet
loss you're experiencing? A simple reset on the PC in question tends
to indicate that you might have a software, possibly hardware issue.

You *could* have a switch/router with a failing port too, and, in
some cases, resetting the attached device (in your case the PC) will
temporarily 'fix' the issue you've been experiencing. Do you have a
LAN or a single PC? If single PC, is it directly connected to your
internet (Dsl/cable?) or, does it go through a router which is
connected to your dsl/cable?

If LAN, have you checked to see if any of the other computers on the
network are 'slow' as far as the internet is concerned when the one
you're having an issue with is? If you do have a LAN setup, you could
have something misconfigured which can cause all kinds of annoying
issues on various workstations attached to your LAN, and, in some of
those cases, a reset will temporarily fix the issue, but, the fix
doesn't usually stick for any real period of time.
--
To prevent yourself from being a victim of cyber
stalking, it's highly recommended you visit here: